Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon Break Character in Their Newest SNL Election Skit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Contrary to the many hilarious sketches Alec Baldwin and Kate McKinnon have performed as Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, their most recent enactment on Saturday Night Live ended on a less comical note than usual.

Before the “candidates” broke character there were about seven minutes of absurdity that included endless questions about emails, an appearance from Vladimir Putin, and kissing.

After months of hysterical sketches about the presidential candidates, the actors made it clear that they, just like most American citizens, are sick of the election.

“I just feel gross all the time.” Baldwin said.

“I mean, don’t you guys feel gross all the time about this?”

Baldwin and McKinnon ended the performance with a pre-recorded tape of them, still in their candidate costumes, hugging one another’s supporters in the attempt to create unity.

When the actors appeared back on the stage, they sincerely urged the audience to go out and vote on Election Day.

As McKinnon said, “We can’t tell you who to vote for, but on Tuesday we all get a chance to choose what kind of country we want to live in.”

Watch the final debate here.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.