This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

After almost 6 years since Adele released her last song, she is now back with a new song and an album on the way! Her new song, “Easy on Me” was released a week ago, and fans already love it. This new album is Adele’s narrative to her fans about all her experiences over the past few years and is inspired by her divorce from Simon Konecki. She dropped “Easy on Me,” track 2 on the album, which is written to her son, Angelo Adkins. 

In the song, Adele is asking him to acknowledge that she is going through a period of hardship and explains that she will need time to heal and grow after this experience. There is a lyric intended for her ex-husband that reads, “You can’t deny how hard I tried.” She is trying to clarify that she did, in fact, put effort towards fixing their relationship. In the end, she had to make a choice that would ultimately prioritize her own mental health and put her in the best place possible to raise her son. In a recent instagram post, Adele mentions, “It was my ride or die throughout the most turbulent period of my life.” She goes on to say how working on this album has given her the consistency and routine that she needed. 

In more exciting news, Adele is going on to perform on November 14th for “Adele One Night Only” where she will perform her new songs and elaborate on the meaning of her new album. The album is set to be released Nov. 19th. Through this whirlwind, Adele fans are lucky not only to receive new music, but now we get to see our lifelong idol in a healthier place. 

What are you most excited for about Adele’s new album? Let us know! 

Reese Giordano

Fairfield '25

Hi, my name is Reese Giordano. I am from Chicago, IL and I am a freshman at Fairfield University. I am studying business and my major is marketing.