9 Reasons Why Chuck and Blair Still Remain #RelationshipGoals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Our obsession with Gossip Girl will truly never end. I think the main reason we still continue to binge watch all six seasons over and over is because of Chuck and Blair’s romance. Chuck and Blair are still #relationship goals. Despite the scheming, cheating, lies, and manipulation; Chuck and Blair were perfect together. They may not have been the best of people on their own but together they completed each other.

1. They always reminded each other of who they were.

One of my favorite lines of the whole series is when Chuck tells Blair, “So the next time you forget that you are Blair Waldorf, remember I am Chuck Bass; and I love you.” There is nothing better than being with someone who is always there to remind you who you really are.

2. The way they cuddled with each other made us melt every single time.

They fit together so perfectly. And seeing Chuck cuddling while in a suit just gave us all the feels. Couples that cuddle together, stay together.

3. They’re lives were the furthest thing from boring when they were together.

Being with someone that keeps things interesting all the time, and entertaining; is relationship goals. Whether they were scheming together, or having dinner at a fancy restaurant on the Upper East Side; there was never a dull moment.

4. They gave each other forehead kisses.

I felt my heart melt every time I watched this happen. There is nothing more romantic or heart warming then being given a light hearted forehead kiss by your significant other. Only a true man will kiss his girl on the forehead in public.

5. They never stopped fighting for each other.

End of argument. Need I say more to explain how Chuck and Blair are relationship goals? I can’t get a guy to buy me dinner and talk to me for more than a week, let alone fight for me every single day of his life. That’s commitment.

If that was not enough of a reason, I’ll continue…

6. They were classy AF.

You know you are relationship goals when you go out and you are both dressed to the nines every single time. They only attended classy events, and everywhere they were people looked in awe.

7. They would have casual hookups in a limo.

I guess you can do things like this when you control the Upper East Side. Talk about a real heat of the moment, risky experience. You stare into each other’s eyes and then go at it; in hopes that your driver will not see.

8. Even at the moments that they were apart, they still loved each other.

Well I know for sure, my ex still doesn’t love me. We have zero care for each other; but when Chuck and Blair were separated she said to him, “Just because we can’t be together, doesn’t mean I won’t love you.” That is true love. They also knew it was okay to let go of each other until things were right again.

9. They ruled the world.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.