9 Instagram Captions You Need to Stop Posting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

On Instagram, your caption is just as important as your filter. If you include a caption that evokes emotion or even a little laugh, you’re probably going to get a like. So before you write another caption, here are nine you should seriously avoid: 

1. Cause darling I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream.Cause darling, Taylor Swift has about one million other song lyrics to pick from.

2. All that I’m after is a life full of laughter.All that your after is more people liking your forced laughing candid.

3. Hey, I’m a little drunk on you and high on summertime.Hey could you just explain what getting drunk off a human being means?

4. I got it from my momma.Yes since your mother gave birth to you we would expect similar characteristics but maybe not?

5. Hate this boy<3 Because your boyfriend of 6 months really appreciates being hated and referred to as just “this boy.”

6. As long as we’re together, there’s no place I’d rather be.Well we could name a few places like the Caribbean islands or maybe even backpacking through Europe, but you go ahead and stay in that sweaty cramped town house.

7. A brunette and a blonde with an inseparable bondSo basically just in case we couldn’t tell by looking at your picture, you have blonde hair and your best friend has brown hair.

8. Yesterday/ Last night with *insert name*No need to worry, if you are posting on a Saturday or Sunday morning we can conclude your picture was from the night before.

9. Just young, wild & freeIf you use this caption maybe you should re-evaluate having an instagram account.

Think before you caption, Collegiettes!

Follow Victoria on Instagram

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!