person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

8 Things We Tell Ourselves When We Take A Bad Picture

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Every collegiette knows the struggle of taking a good Insta-worthy picture, between the lighting and the perfect pose it can take multiple takes to get the right one. However, it’s always worth it because if we don’t Instagram it, did it even happen? Lights, camera, action collegiettes!

1.     It’s The Wrong Side“This just isn’t my side, that’s why. We need to switch, I only take good pictures when I am on the right side.”

2.     It’s The Lighting

“The lighting in this room is completely off, I look like a ghost. Lets dim them and put the flash on: problem solved.”

3.     It’s The Outfit

“This shirt always makes me look bigger then I actually am, I swear. I have not gained weight there is no way! Let me get in the middle.”

4.     I’m Just Bloated

“I just had the biggest dinner of my life and I currently carrying the biggest food baby of my life. Maybe a photo isn’t the best idea…”

5.     It’s a Bad Hair Day

“My hair is so greasy today, clearly two consecutive days of using dry shampoo is not working. Does anyone have a hat?”

6.     It’s The Pose

“I never look good in the sorority squat, I just look constipated. Let’s just do a laughing candid”.

7.     No Make Up

“I don’t have any make up on, obviously the picture is going to be awful. The natural look is just not my look! Brb while I go paint on a face.”

8.     It’s The Background

“No one wants to see a garbage pale in the background, we need to retake it then maybe I will look better.” 

English major with a concentration in journalism
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.