The 8 Stages of Online Shopping

Everyone knows that one of the best things that came from the creation of the Internet is online shopping! Online shopping is so easy and offers you a wider variety of products than going to a brick and mortar store. But like almost everything else on the Internet, online shopping is very addictive. If you think you might be an online-shopaholic, fear not because you’re not alone! Here are some of the stages everyone goes through when they shop online:

Stage 1: Denial

When you try and convince yourself that you’re just looking and you’re totally NOT going to buy anything.

Stage 2: Debate

When you have an internal struggle after finding one perfect item that you know you have to buy.

Stage 3: Excitement

When you find the perfect item and it’s on sale!!!!

Stage 4: Rationalization

When you realize you just got your paycheck so… you deserve this! 

Stage 5: Anger

When you see something cute, but then you look at the price. 

Stage 6: Bargaining

When you reason that if you buy just one more thing you can get free shipping, so it’s worth it.

Stage 7: Depression

When you check your bank account after checking out.

Stage 8: Acceptance

When you tell yourself it won’t happen again, but deep down you know it will. 

Molly Concannon

Fairfield '20

Molly Concannon is a Jersey girl through and through. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in Finance and Public Relations. This is her fourth year on the Her Campus team! She is also slightly obsessed with libraries, reading, and Disney movies, and she definitely will try to pet any dogs she sees.