If you’re anything like my friends and I, December 20, 2012 was a day that will live in infamy. That was the day the final episode of Jersey Shore aired and we had to say goodbye to the Shore Store, the boardwalk, and of course our favorite guidos.
However, after six long years, get ready to fist pump again because on April 5th 2018 Jersey Shore Family Vacation will air on MTV. The original cast is reuniting (apart from Samantha Giancola a.k.a. Sammi Sweetheart) including some of their families and children, for what is going to be the most anticipated television reunion in MTV history. April 5th cannot come soon enough and here are the reasons why.
1. Miami is where many of the most dramatic and iconic Jersey Shore moments took place, so it is only right that they reunite in a place that holds so many memories.
2. After MTV’s disappointing attempt to recreate the iconic series with Flora-Bama Shore, we are in ~desperate~ need of the OG crew.
3. This picture that the Jersey Shore Instagram posted that any true Jersey Shore fan needs no explanation for.
4. The self-proclaimed “Kim Kardashian of Staten Island” Angelina Pivarnick will be joining the rest of the cast. Even though she was only in two seasons of the show, she made a lasting impression on everyone and we can’t wait to see how the cast will react to her return.
5. They brought the duck phone with them.
6. This picture that was taken on the first day of filming that confirms although the cast has grown up a lot since the show ended, not much has changed.
7. Despite the premiere still being a month away, Jersey Shore Family Vacation has ~already~ been renewed for a second season.
So tune in to MTV on April 5th to see your favorite Meatballs and MVP return JERZ-Days with more GTL, fist pumping, and t-shirt time than ever.