yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

7 Quick and Easy Activities To Do This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s finally everyone’s favorite time of the year—fall. The leaves have started to turn, and the weather is finally as crisp as the juicy red apples you just picked. Fall is not only amazing because of the ideal weather! There are a ton of fun things to do this time of year. And although you might be currently drowning in midterms and papers, you deserve a break to enjoy some (or all) of these fun fall activities! 

1. Go Apple Picking  Let’s be honest, no one can quite deny how fun it is to go apple picking. Although we all have memories of going apple picking when we were little with our families, it is still just as fun to go now. Nothing beats the thrill of picking  perfectly round and shiny apples with all of your best friends.

2. Bake Fall Treats  Baking during this time of year is honestly one of my favorite activities. Baking is the perfect activity for chilly fall days. One of my favorite things to bake during fall is apple pie. Going off of the previous activity, I highly recommend going apple picking with your besties, then all making apple pies together; you are guaranteed a fun, festive time! 

3. Have a Photo shoot With Your BFF’s It’s no lie that fall is possibly one of the most scenic times of the year. With that being said, why not take advantage of it and have a fun photo-shoot with your friends?! Not only will you create Insta-worthy pictures, you will make fun, lasting memories. 

4. Go Somewhere Haunted Whether it be going to a haunted corn maze, on a haunted hayride, or to a good old haunted house, get your scary thrills in one way or another this Halloween season.   5. Keep up with Freeform’s 13 Nights of Halloween  Nothing beats an October night spent watching a Halloween classic like Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown with your BFFs. While doing so, complete the total fall experience by devouring a bowl of caramel corn with a side of hot apple cider, yum!  

6. Go On a Hayride  Pumpkin patches are quite possibly the ~epitome~ of fall. With that being said, everyone must make his or her way to a patch at some point this fall. Hopping onto a hayride will also add to the total fall experience. While you’re at the pumpkin patch, definitely make sure to get some fresh baked apple cider donuts (you will thank me later!) 7. Carve Pumpkins  You are never “too old” to carve pumpkins! Decorating pumpkins is a fun activity and it will most definitely get you in the fall spirit! Get some friends together one fall night and decorate some pumpkins for old times sake.  

Shae Cronin is a recent class of 2020 graduate from Fairfield University where she majored in Communication and double minored in Graphic Design and Public Relations. Throughout her four years at Fairfield, Shae served as a Contributing Writer as well as Trendsetter Tuesday Writer for HCFU. Along with her involvement in Her Campus, Shae has interned with The Impression, Kerri Rosenthal, and Michele Marie PR. She has a great sense of editing, writing, marketing and graphic design as well as strong interpersonal skills. She enjoys tacos, traveling, and everything fashion. Follow Shae on Instagram @shaecronin13 and check out her personal style blog: https://styledbyshae.com !
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.