7 Events that Will Make This Spring Semester the Best

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

HC Birthday week

Birthday week is something all the girls here at Her Campus are looking forward to this semester!  Starting February 2nd, our birthday week will kick off with many special events. Be sure to stay updated with the Her Campus events calendars for more upcoming fun and giveaways.

The Opening of Rafferty Stadium

You know the huge construction project you always walk by on your way to the townhouses?  That’s Rafferty Stadium.  The stadium will house both men’s and women’s Division I Lacrosse teams, along with 3,500 of their fans.  The stadium will be opening this semester, so get ready to cheer on your fellow stags!

Valentine’s Day

Whether you’re spending the night with your S.O, or having a so-called Galentine’s Day with your favorite girls, February 14th is a day we’re all awaiting anxiously this semester.  With the release of 50 Shades of Grey, why wouldn’t you be excited!?

Relay For Life

All-nighters are pretty fun, but all-nighters with hundreds of your fellow students for an amazing cause? Even better! The American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life will be held on April 17th this year.  So, get your team ready here and start fundraising because Relay is one event you do not want to miss.  

Spring Break

Although winter break is not far-gone, everyone is already looking forward to spring break this March.  So relax while laying out on the beach (or in bed watching Netflix) and get ready for a much needed mid-semester break.

Point Days

Spring and its warm weather are coming fast and you know what that means- no more heavy layers!  It’s almost time again to part with your favorite sweater and back into that cute sundress for some sunny Saturdays spent at The Point.

Clam Jam

Finally, the event you’ve heard about since sending in your application to Fairfield- Clam Jam.  Is there truly anything better than an all-day beach party with your best friends?  At Fairfield, we don’t think so.  

Follow Lauren on Twitter!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.