6 Reasons Why Going On Vacation With My Closest Guy Friend Was The Best Decision

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

“Oh so this must be your beautiful girlfriend?”“Hi I’m Tory, let’s put the emphasis on friend in that statement.”

We were correcting people left and right but could you blame them? Going on vacation with a guy friend is definitely not the norm (or so everyone thought). But when the opportunity came to spend a week away in paradise with my #mainman I had no idea just how much fun I was in for.

1. He gets that your Instagram needs you.It will only be a few photos and it won’t be at an artsy angle, but he will gladly take photos of you whenever/wherever while living in #paradise.

2. He will gladly pig out with you.You always want to be that “healthy” friend, even while on vacation, but sometimes room service needs to be called and fries need to be delivered.

3. He will get you to try things you would normally run away from.You trust him. So that steamed …wait, what was it called again… on the plate in front of you or the cliff you’re about to jump from doesn’t look so scary.

4. He is the best wingman.It’s not actually a cliché; it’s pretty much double trouble. You can introduce him to the girl whose shoes you complimented and he can introduce you to the guy he got into a friendly argument with over the game on TV.

5. He can’t help you pick out what to wear, but he will give you all the closet space.A girl over packs on every occasion, but having space to organize your exploding suitcase is always a plus plus.  

6. His family becomes your second family.You adore them and they will definitely try to spoil you to death, but there is nothing better than having a second (amazing) family to love and hangout with.

And remember, you can fight with him for the bill or the length of time you need to get ready but it will never ever get ugly.

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant