This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With Fall Fashion Week underway, the time has finally come—it’s fall at last. Ah, fall. ‘Tis the season of pumpkin spice lattes and frolicking through corn mazes with your bffs. But more importantly, ‘tis the season of super cute style. I don’t know whether it’s the perfectly crisp weather or the thrill of the holidays approaching, but you can’t deny that fall is quite possibly every girl’s favorite season, especially when it comes to fashion. As college students, our time is limited, and sometimes we don’t always have enough time to put together the perfectly cute yet comfy outfit before class. Hopefully these practical fall trends will help your mornings run a little smoother.

1. T-Shirt Dresses paired with sweaters. I know what you’re probably thinking, “Dresses to class? No thank you.” T-Shirt dresses, however, are not like your average dress. They are really comfortable to wear and look flattering on everyone. Another perk to them is that by wearing them, you don’t have to go through the hassle of picking out an entire outfit, for the dress in itself is a perfectly good look. To add a whole other element to your outfit, you might want to try throwing on a cute sweater. Doing this will keep you warmer and will also increase your trendiness.   
  2. Oversized sweaters + leggings. This is possibly one of the most practical fall outfits, especially for class. Leggings are, no secret, extremely comfy. And although they may not be the most stylish piece of clothing, pairing them with a cute, oversized sweater will revamp your entire look. This outfit is perfect for days you are running late, when the weather is particularly chilly, or when you just want to feel like you never left your bed.   
  3. Vests over flannels. Flannels? For fall? Groundbreaking. (Devil Wears Prada reference, anyone?) Flannels are one of everyone’s favorite fall fashion trends. They’re not only stylish and have that particular ‘fall flare’ to them, they are extremely warm. Wearing vests over your flannels will also make your overall outfit more chic. Vests are perfect to wear on chilly days because they will definitely keep you all the more toasty during the long hike to class. 
  4. Oversized blanket scarves. These are amazing. Honestly, if you don’t have one, I suggest you invest in one. They are basically huge blankets that you can pretty much just wrap around your neck. Want to feel the comfort of your blankets and your bed while in class? Get yourself a blanket scarf.   
  5. Layering of jewelry. Don’t be afraid to layer your rings, necklaces and bracelets! Layering jewelry is super easy to do and it will make a huge improvement to any outfit. It will most definitely add that much needed ‘pizzazz’ to any gloomy fall day.   
  6. Cuffed, ripped Boyfriend Jeans paired with booties. I love Boyfriend Jeans. They are far more comfortable to wear than the typical Skinny Jean. Loose, distressed denim is perfect for class because you will look as good on the outside as you feel in the inside. To really go for the win, try cuffing the bottom of your jeans and slipping on some cute booties. You definitely will not be disappointed.  Although there are many fall trends practical for class, these are just a few of my favorite! Stay stylish, Fairfield! 
Shae Cronin is a recent class of 2020 graduate from Fairfield University where she majored in Communication and double minored in Graphic Design and Public Relations. Throughout her four years at Fairfield, Shae served as a Contributing Writer as well as Trendsetter Tuesday Writer for HCFU. Along with her involvement in Her Campus, Shae has interned with The Impression, Kerri Rosenthal, and Michele Marie PR. She has a great sense of editing, writing, marketing and graphic design as well as strong interpersonal skills. She enjoys tacos, traveling, and everything fashion. Follow Shae on Instagram @shaecronin13 and check out her personal style blog: https://styledbyshae.com !
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant