Style

6 Different Ways to Style a Simple T-Shirt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

There’s nothing quite as exciting as buying new clothes and keeping up with the latest trends. But as college students, we can all relate to not always having the funds for such a thing. Sometimes you want to rock a brand-new look but simply can’t afford to break the bank over a new shirt. But, we’ve got you covered! Here are some of our favorite ways to wear the same t-shirt and still look and feel good!

1. Ripped jeans

Nothing screams casual, but put together, quite like a cool pair of ripped jeans and a classic white tee. Pair with some fun sneakers for a super comfy look, but still feel fashion forward. This look is perfect for class.

2. Skirt

Looking to feel a little more dressed up but still want to be comfortable? Try pairing your white tee with a fun skirt! The options are endless; you can rock a denim skirt, or go bold and rock a patterned skirt!

3. Leather jacket

Want to look like the girl boss that you are? Rock a leather jacket over your simple white tee and black jeans for a total badass look. You can even try different colored or studded leather jackets!

4. Athleisure

For the girl on the go, pairing your white tee with some fun leggings and a light athletic jacket is the perfect look. There are so many patterned and textured pairs of leggings out there that will pair perfectly with a white tee. Throw your hair up in a ponytail or throw on a hat and you’re ready to take on your day!

5. Patterned pants

Looking for an outfit that’s fun and casual? Try a flowy pair of patterned pants. Tuck a white tee into a cool waistband for a totally unique look. These pants are comfortable and airy, and make any outfit look like you put way more effort into it than you actually did!

6. Denim jacket

Denim jackets can take any outfit to the next level. They pair perfectly with a white tee and some jeans or leggings. You can rock a cropped light wash jacket or a distressed dark wash jacket – the possibilities are endless!

Shae Cronin is a recent class of 2020 graduate from Fairfield University where she majored in Communication and double minored in Graphic Design and Public Relations. Throughout her four years at Fairfield, Shae served as a Contributing Writer as well as Trendsetter Tuesday Writer for HCFU. Along with her involvement in Her Campus, Shae has interned with The Impression, Kerri Rosenthal, and Michele Marie PR. She has a great sense of editing, writing, marketing and graphic design as well as strong interpersonal skills. She enjoys tacos, traveling, and everything fashion. Follow Shae on Instagram @shaecronin13 and check out her personal style blog: https://styledbyshae.com !
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com