5 Healthy Meals Ideas To Help You Feel Good

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whether you’re staying home this spring break or going to **enter location where you’ll take way too many selfies and post way too many Instagrams** these healthy meals will leave you feeling great!

1. BreakfastFor the bacon egg and cheese obsessed, opt for thin crust or whole-wheat bagels. Get creative and instead of adding bacon and cheese try avocado, ham, turkey, or humus.    

2. LunchFeeling the need for something more substantial? Switch up your sandwich routine and order a vegetable wrap on a whole wheat, spinach or tomato wrap. Add humus or mustard instead of mayo and this lunch will leave you feeling healthy and happy.

3. SnackWhen your afternoon cravings start to kick in, fight back with a fulfilling and delicious smoothie. Combine your favorite fruit combinations with yogurt for a pomegranate berry smoothie or add vegetables like spinach for a quick detox.

4. DinnerWhen it comes to healthy meals for spring break, you may want to consider putting down the pizza or choosing a healthier option. Make your own or order in a pizza made from flatbread with toppings of vegetables and minimal cheese.

5. DessertPreparing for spring break does not mean having to give up your favorite desserts and depriving yourself of the little moments of bliss these sweets bring. Try recipes that use whole-wheat flour and less butter and sugar like these skinny vanilla bean doughnuts.

Remember though collegiettes; eating healthy is more than just your appearance, it will boost your energy and leave you satisfied. So, if you are getting back on the couch for Netflix or packing your bikini, eating healthy will benefit you either way! 

Camille Giacovas is a sophomore at Fairfield University with an International Studies major and an English minor with a concentration in Professional Writing.  She dreams of traveling the world and she strongly believes in the power of living a positive life. She is a lover of hot yoga, running and finding the little things in life that bring her joy. Her mornings would not be complete without a chai tea latte. 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!