This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Life as a procrastinator is not a choice, but a lifestyle. We just can’t help completing our work at the last possible second. Yes, it is a bad habit and can be very stressful. The clock is your number one enemy. When it’s already two in the morning and you are only half way through a paper that is due in the next six hours, the struggle is real. However, the paper always gets done and you tell yourself you will never do that again. Even though we don’t want to admit it, the process of procrastinating happens every time we need to get anything done. Here are 19 stages of pulling an all-nighter:

1.     Wow, I have so much homework to get done: those readings, a paper, oh and that project.

2.     I should really go to the library…

3.     But, I am already halfway through an episode of House of Cards; so I might as well finish it then go.

4.     All right, finally here! Now, where to sit… there are so many people here!

5.     I have everything I need: computer, earphones, homework… it’s time to get down to business.

6.     I start typing and things are flowing. I’m on a roll; this is going to be a piece of cake! GO, GO, GO!!!

7.     Roadblock. This is going to take all night. I have to include 11 sources, 4 of which have to be books, 6 have to be primary sources and 1 documentary. Why didn’t the professor mention this before, (aka why didn’t I actually read the syllabus)?

8.     I’ve accepted that this is going to be a long, long, night.

9.     So to prepare myself for this long journey, I obviously need to get some iced coffee to fuel my motivation.

10.  One paragraph down, now I can take a break and online shop…

11.  Yikes…. it’s already midnight and I am barely half way there. I don’t think I am going to make it. Panic mode kicks in.

12.  I have to power through, it HAS to get done!

13.  Focus, focus, FOCUS!!!!

14.  HALF WAY POINT…oh and it is 2 in the morning.

15.  Time for another coffee break and a mental break down.

16.  It is crunch time… work, work, work, work, work.

17.  I feel my brain literally melting away slowly. Oh look, there is the sunrise.

18.  DONE! My bed is calling my name.

19.  Only to hear your alarm go off… you’ve got to be kidding me.

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.