15 Things Only Girls Who Went to an All Girls School Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Whenever anyone asks about my high school experience they cringe when I tell them I went to a catholic all-girl private school. “How could you give up boys!?” they ask me. I just laugh and say it really wasn’t as bad as it sounds. It’s funny because no one understands just how amazing high school was for us private school kids other than the girls that attended it. Here are 15 things only girls who went to an all-girls high school understand.

1.     You actually did meet your future bridesmaids in high school.

2.     Being a girl who speaks her mind in class isn’t lame.

3.     There really is a method to your madness of ironing out wrinkles.

4.     Your morning routine now feels like hours compared to the 15 minutes you spent on yourself in high school.

5.     Shaving your legs everyday is a new thing you still are getting used to.

6.     It still is weird that your teacher doesn’t start class off with “now ladies.”

7.     You know exactly how to set an alarm for the last possible minute.

8.     You’ve perfected the art of a messy bun that still looks somewhat put-together.

9.     You are still trying to figure out how the whole flirting thing works.

10. You have a love/hate relationship with your Sperry’s.

11. You own every Lululemon headband in every color ever made.

12. Everyone wants to borrow your kilt for Halloween.

13. You don’t jump when you see a nun walking around campus.

14. Being taught by mostly male teachers is crazy opposed to the total of 3 who taught you in high school.

15. You love picking out your own clothes in the morning but you low-key miss the uniform.

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.