14 Typical Holiday Instagrams Every Girls Posts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all know it’s winter when our Instagram feeds are clogged with cute couple pics and picturesque snow scenes. Here is a list compiled of typical holiday Instas and reasons why you should post one today!

1. Throwback on Santa’s Lap

Whether it be a crying photo or you’re cheesing hard, posting a #tbt sitting on St. Nick’s lap is a classic during the holiday season.

2. Festive Treats

Who doesn’t love chocolate covered everything in the winter?

3. Christmas Quotes

Just to add a little inspiration and humor to your followers’ days.

4. Ugly Sweaters

Take a funny photo and think of a clever caption (like this one!) to guarantee a ton of laughs and likes on this hilarious holiday Instagram.

5. Dorm Room Decorations

Showing everyone exactly how festive you’ve made your humble abode this winter.

6. Tracking Santa

Remember the feeling of constantly checking your computer for Santa updates on Christmas Eve?

7. Holiday Card

Just in case you didn’t get it in the mail.

8. In Front of the Rockefeller Tree with your holli-bae…

Drag your boyfriend into the city and snap a pic in front of the city’s main decoration. As your likes rack up, you’ll know that everyone is envious of not only your man-candy but also your adorable pic together.

…or your BFF

No bf? No problem! Document your day trip into NYC with your friends to make everyone jealous that you got a cute pic anyway.

9. Your own Christmas tree

Bonus points if there are presents already in front of it.

10. Artsy Winter Decorations

Scrolling through our feed, those hip photos that we wish we had thought of posting first.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.