14 Emotional Stages of Realizing You’re Halfway Done With College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

People weren’t kidding when they said that college flies by. It is already April, second semester of my sophomore year. We are halfway there! But wait that means we only have two years left. There must be a mistake; we can’t possibly be heading into our junior year. Here are the emotional stages of realizing we are halfway done with college:

1.     Wait, we just got here! We are basically still freshmen; this is all some big joke. I didn’t even get to ride the stag yet.

2.     Oh my god. We are rising juniors. That means I should really get my butt in gear and get my GPA up.

3.     I should probably start applying for internships this summer. Where is Career Planning again?

4.     But that means I have get more involved, there is like nothing on my resume! What do I have to show for?

5.     How am I supposed to know what I want to do for the rest of my life? I had a hard enough time picking a major and I still don’t know if I made the right decision.

6.     That means I am going to have to start being more responsible…no more pizza eating contests at The Levee, I guess.

7.     How does one “adult?” I can barely make my own bed let alone pay bills, get insurance, and support myself. Things are about to get real interesting.

8.     Where am I going to end up? Where is the squad going to end up? How am I supposed to go from living with friends 24/7 to going solo? What am I supposed to do without Rachel at three in the morning when nothing is going right?

9.     We are getting so OLD!

10.  But wait, we turn 21 and can finally go to The Grape.

11.  We have so much more to look forward to. Like study abroad, clam jam, living on the beach, and having our cars on campus!

12.  There may be only two years left but we are going to make them the best two years of our lives!

13.  Maybe we’ll never leave…

14.  Once a stag, always a stag <3

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.