12 Things Only Gilmore Girls Fans Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With the recent announcement that Netflix is officially reviving Gilmore Girls with the original cast, Gilmore Girls fans everywhere are thinking, “FINALLY!” In light of this great news, here are some things us diehards can understand and relate to:

1. When you realize Stars Hollow, Connecticut isn’t a real place… so you CAN’T road trip there with your friends this summer :( But you can still travel to all the towns that Stars Hollow is based off of!

2) Coffee has a different meaning in the life of Lorelai and Rory Gilmore… and it’s serious, you don’t want to mess with it. 

Currently ~dying~ for a giant cup of Coffee at Luke’s Diner.

3) And let’s not even talk about food. Pop Tarts Anyone? Cheeseburgers and Fries and Luke’s? Chinese? Mac and Cheese? The Gilmore girls “diet” consists of all things delicious and bad for you. Don’t we all wish to eat like the Gilmore’s? 

4) And how is it possible that every one of Rory’s boyfriends is perfect in every way? You can never decide if you are team Dean, Jess or Logan! They are all perfect! 

5) Luke, Lorelai, and Rory are low-key a real family and every time they are together at Luke’s Diner your heart warms. 

6) Lorelai’s love life is not as complicated as Rory’s. Luke and Lorelai are perfect together period. No Christoper, No Max, No Jason. Just Luke.

7) When Kirk has 15,403 jobs that you don’t understand but you accept it because it’s Kirk. Check out all of his different jobs here!

8) That physical and emotional torture you feel when Rory and Lorelai did not speak for eight episodes.

It’s okay to cry. It’s gonna be okay.

9) That subtle and calm background music that plays between scenes.

It’s lovely isn’t it? Here is every emotional moment with that soft background music. La la la la la…

10) Speaking of music, how you can’t help but sing along to the theme song every episode.

WHERE YOU LEAD, I WILL FOLLOW, ANYWHERE THAT YOU TELL ME TO …

11) You will re-watch episodes on Netflix and still enjoy every emotional, funny, heartbreaking moment the same amount.

12) And you cannot wait for the Netflix revival!!!!

Emily Paik

Fairfield

Masshole at heart, beach bum. True believer that dogs are better than people.  Follow me on twitter! https://twitter.com/EmilyPaik Instagram: @emilyelizp  
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.