The 12 Stages of Getting Ready to Go Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The moment we all wait for: the weekend. Weekend warriors rejoice, there’s only a few more days until you can forget the worries of the world and enjoy yourself. But as all girls know, the process of getting ready for a weekend night out is typically stressful and can feel longer than the actual weekend. Here are the typical precautions all collegiettes take.

1. Blast some feel good music, because the stress of picking out an outfit is enough to end up staying in alone, with no one but Netflix.

2. Look at your outfit options, embrace your options.

3. Try on your new romper you know your gonna love.

4. Immediately take that off—what were you thinking?

5. Go for the next outfit, ask for your friend’s advice quickly. If she doesn’t like it, change, if she does, change anyways.

6. Attempt to curl your hair whilst pregaming.

7. Resist the munching urge (for now!) Because we all know that no night out is complete without some takeout to finish it off right.

8. Throw on some makeup, somewhat natural, yet very bronzed.

9. Quick, nails! While your paint and dry time is dwindling so is your patience . Sip on a delicious mixie to make the time pass faster.

10. In the midst of this getting ready craziness, text every person on your contact list in search of a party.

11. Try not to freak out about you and your roommate getting ready, literally on top of each other.

12. Finally, revert back to outfit number one and call it a night, which will hopefully be an awesome one.

Megan is a Fairfield University freshman majoring in international business.  She has a love for all things fashion. Born on Long Island, but a NYC wannabe. 
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.