11 Signs Spring Has Sprung at Fairfield U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s finally time to break out your favorite pair of Sperry’s and to start planning your Clam Jam outfit.  Here are some of the major signs that spring has sprung here at Fairfield.

Things you’ll see…

Pastels and neon everywhere.  Vineyard vines can personally thank our Fairfield boys for buying out both of these collections. 

Vests. Lots of vests. Eager to ditch the bulky winter coat, girls can’t wait to bring out their favorite puffer vest each spring.

Outdoor running.  If walking by the RecPlex doesn’t motivate you, than people going for runs outside certainly will!

Things you’ll hear…

It’s sooo nice out!” Yes, it’s finally above 40 degrees, aka it’s basically summer.  The sun’s out, so don’t even try to hide your excitement.

“Heads up!” ince it’s so nice out, baseball, football and frisbee will make their way back to the quad.  Keep your head up, act calm, and get ready to duck if one comes your direction.

Country music. And lots of it.  Warm weather brings along good vibes for everyone.  What better way to express these than blasting your “summer 2k15” playlist all day long.

“I don’t want to go to class.” Sitting out in the sun, or sitting in a desk…doesn’t seem like a hard choice, collegiettes.  But, summer’s almost here, push through!

Things you’ll smell…Probably nothing.  As much as we love spring, it’s allergy season for a reason.  So go buy yourself some tissues and Emergen-C and prepare to tackle the common cold with full force.

Things to look forward to…

Relay For Life.  Set for April 17th this year, Relay For Life is always a big event on campus.  You can still sign up here and get fundraising to help reach our goal of $65,000!

Clam Jam. A Fairfield tradition and spring semester marks the official countdown to Clam Jam.  With rumored special guests this year, it’s sure to be the best darty of the season.

Summer. No matter how much fun we have on campus in the spring, nobody can wait for summer.  What’s better than spending the day at the beach with your favorite hometown friends, anyways?

Follow Lauren on Twitter!

Lauren is a sophomore studying Computer Engineering at Fairfield University.  A proud Bostonian, she has a heavy reliance on iced coffee and says "wicked" far too often.Follow Lauren on Twitter!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.