person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

11 Designers You Need in Your Instagram Feed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s a known fact that collegiettes love the social networking platform, Instagram. “Insta” is such a cute and simple way to show off artsy, eccentric, and fun things that you and your friends have taken part in. Of course, we follow our besties, our crushes, and our favorite celebrities, but what about some amazing designers? Following creative and talented fashion designers will give you some amazing inspiration for clothing and interior spaces, as well as help to mix up your feed. Read on to find about some amazing designers that deserve a follow from you!

1. Diane Von Furstenberg, @dvf

The creator of the iconic wrap dress is an account that you must follow. DVF’s pictures include colorful posts, behind the scenes shots, glamorous throwbacks, and unique glimpses into her family life. Each post is signed with “Love Diane”, which is such a sweet and personal touch to all of her followers. Her beautiful designs catch the eye every time and definitely deserve a “like.”

2. Christian Siriano, @csiriano

You may remember him from his Project Runway days, in which he won the competition during a season and even went on to launch his own collection. This young and fun designer’s Instagram is filled with edgy, fashionable, and chic sketches, behind-the-scenes posts, and and at event looks. Followers get a personal glimpse into Christian’s amazing life. He attaches short and succinct sentence(s) to each post. If you want a pop of color and gorgeous fashion, then he is a must follow!

3. J.Crew, @jcrew

It is without question that Fairfield U is a preppy school. Many students here, both girls and guys, can be spotted wearing something from this retailer on any given day on campus. J.Crew’s account is full of modern and fun posts showcasing the clothing or creative images that help to mold the image of the brand. It’s definitely worth the follow if you want some bright, uplifting, and modern pictures on your feed.

4. Alice and Olivia, @aliceandolivia

This company created by Stacey Bendet in 2002 does not get the attention that it deserves! Bendet’s Instagram page is filled with her life as a designer, mother, and everyday life. As a lover of all things colorful, this account displays nothing but bright and exciting hues and inspiration. With motivational quotes, behind-the-scenes, and her overall showcase of clothing, Alice and Olivia needs to be on your following list.

5. Michael Kors, @michaelkors

We know him as the former judge on Project Runway and also more importantly as an amazing fashion and accessory designer. Kors’s account gives followers glimpses at his new collections, his charity #WatchHungerStop, beautiful candids of his clients as well as personal photos of him and his famous friends. His posts makes you want to rip your credit card out of your wallet, head over to website, and just shop! If you love the Hamilton bag or his glamorous watches and his passion for helping others, then check out MK’s Instagram.

6. Rachel Zoe, @rachelzoe

One of the most famous stylists to the stars turned successful fashion designer, Rachel Zoe’s Instagram profile is one that is worth exploring. Rachel’s posts include inside looks at her upcoming collections, her travels to New York and abroad Fashion Weeks, gorgeous snapshots of her in stunning clothing, and of course her two adorable sons, Skyler and Kaius. If you are looking for posts of the Hamptons, chic and trendy everyday clothing, and adorable stylish little kids then make sure Rachel is your next follow.

7. Annelise Michelson, @annelisemichelson

Again, if you are obsessed with jewelry, you should scroll through French jewelry designer, Anneslise Michelson’s profile. Her profile is full of bright colors and unique pieces. If you want edgy jewelry and backdrops that are on your feed once a day then this is a profile for you!

8. The Everygirl, @theeverygirl_

If you are into interior design, then give The Everygirl a look at! This Instagram account was ranked by Forbes in the Top 100 Websites for Women. The Everygirl showcases different interior designs for bedrooms and offices and also some styling tips as well. This is perfect for any girl who is obsessed with rearranging and re-organizing to achieve the most perfect and relaxing dorm space! Check it out for some innovative design ideas.

9. Ralph Lauren, @ralphlauren

No “following” list would be complete without Ralph Lauren! I may be biased because Ralph Lauren is my favorite designer and inspiration of all time. Filled with glamorous pictures of the season’s newest collections, gorgeous throwbacks, and his various works of charity, Ralph’s account is perfect for any fashionista. If you love the Ralph Lauren brand then add it to your following list.

10. Brian Atwood, @brian_atwood

If you are obsessed with shoes like myself then Brian Atwood is a must look at! So many celebrities have worn Atwood’s designs, and they are a go-to by Rachel Zoe. Atwood’s profile displays his current collections, shoots at scenes, celebrities wearing his shoes, and still of himself with his clients. Atwood’s designs are bright, fun, and always classy. His amazing shoes will definitely make you want to save your pizza money so that you can buy an amazing pair of pumps!

11. Jacquie Aiche, @jacquieaiche

Finally, if you still could not get enough of jewelry then definitely look at this designer! Aiche makes all of her jewelry by hand and is based out of Los Angeles. Her Instagram is full of delicate rings, bracelets, and necklaces. All of her accessories are photographed beautifully on models and the nature backdrops in some of the pictures are breathtaking! If you love simple yet elegant every-day jewelry then check out this profile and give it a follow!

I dream of eating waffles with Amy Poehler and climbing to the top of Corporate America specifically in the fashion industry. Amy P hasn't responded to my emails, so in the meantime, I'm your typical college student who is majoring in Accounting. I'm a self-proclaimed Diet Coke and Twitter addict and I will never go a day without them. I hate the gym so don't look for me there. Finally, follow me on Twitter @gabbyycapello or Instagram @gabbycapello!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.