10 Wardrobe Essentials For This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s that time of year again collegiettes. Soon we will be swapping out our sundresses and denim cutoffs for sweaters and riding boots. While the temperatures may currently be in the 90s, it is never too early to start thinking of outfits to wear once the temperature drops. Keep reading for a list of ten fall must-haves!

1. Denim shirts  A denim shirt is a versatile piece that can complete any look. Perfect for layering over leggings or a dress, it can also be tucked into a skirt or jeans for a more polished look.

2. Sweaters You may have worn sweaters every fall for as long as you can remember, but that is only because they are such a staple. Sweaters are perfect for those days when you are running late to class and do not have the time to think about what to wear. Try layering sweaters over a denim shirt for a look that makes you look like you tried harder than you actually did.  

3. Plaid

Not all plaid shirts need to give off a lumberjack vibe. Try layering yours under jackets or tucking it into dark wash jeans for a more polished look. You will be thankful to have one as we approach winter and the colder weather. 

4. Boyfriend, Skinny, and Flare Denim

A girl can never go wrong with a good, well- fitting pair of jeans. Between boyfriend, skinny, and flared styles, among others, you’ll be sure to find a style of denim that fits your style as well as your personality. Do not be afraid to experiment with denim. Start off with darker colors like maroon or purple. Eventually you may even make it to pink, which is said to be one of the season’s featured colors.

5. Jumpsuits  If you’re a fan of denim overalls, then this essential is perfect for you. This look is easy to wear from day to night by adding heels and it is perfect for a night out. 

6. Suede Skirts Suede skirts add an earthy vibe to your fall wardrobe. Dress it up or down by changing your accessories or swapping a shirt for a sweater. Boots, booties or heels can change the look again.

7. Utility Jackets Utility jackets are practically perfect with any outfit. You cannot go wrong with throwing one of these on over any fall outfit. Try jackets with a waistline that cinches in for a more tailored, figure-flattering look. 

8. Oxfords Oxfords are perfect shoes for any occasion. Wear them with jeans or dresses for a casual or dressy look. 

9. Boots/Booties No fall look would be complete without booties. Try riding boots for a preppy look.

10. Bucket Bags Bucket bags add an instant finishing touch to any outfit. This bag is perfect for any girl on the go since it’s big enough to hold all of your necessities while not being too bulky.  

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant