10 Times Amy Poehler and Tina Fey Were Literally You and Your Best Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Who is the one person you can tell everything to, laugh with, cry with, insult without actually being offended, and eat an obscene amount of food in front of without being judged? Let’s just say Amy Poehler and Tina Fey do a pretty good job of describing the ups and downs of a true best friend friendship. Without a doubt they’re the spirit animals of many friendships. Here are 10 times Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were literally you and your best friend:

1. First things first, who needs boys when you have a best friend? (AM I RIGHT?) It’s a judgment free zone when you spent time with them. So laugh, cry, cuddle, and binge watch Netflix.

2. But when it comes to boy drama, are you really going to vent to your mom about what happened last night? I mean maybe, but chances are it’s probably going to be to your best friend. They’re going to give you the advice you want to want to hear even if it makes you cry.

3. Their presence brings joy and A LOT OF UNCONTROLLABLE laughter. It doesn’t matter how far away you are from them even if it’s across the room.

4. They’re willing to accept you for who you are. Even in times of desperation they’ll stick by your side.

5. No one drinks alone when you’re together. There’s never not a reason to have Wine Wednesday especially after that breakup. No one suffers from a breakup alone.

6. They’ll always be willing to have a dance party and sing with you in the car no matter how much you suck. If they can’t handle you’re off-tune singing and bad dance moves are they really your best friends?

7. They’ll take killer selfies with you. And if they don’t take selfies with you chances are they’re going to photo bomb your Snapchat to the boy in your English class.

8. They’ll dress up in embarrassing costumes with you. Halloween is your favorite holiday because HELLO matching outfits. Call me crazy but the bigger the poof the closer to God.  

9. They’re there when you make mistakes. Chances are they’ve made the same mistakes already and can help you get back up off the ground.

10. Together you could conquer the world. They’re there to finish your sentences, be your partner in crime, and wing woman.    

Follow Hannah on Instagram and Twitter

Hannah is a junior at Boston University where she is majoring in Public Relations and minoring in Medical Anthropology. She is also the Events Coordinator for HCBU. She is from Plymouth, Massachusetts, and an avid beachgoer. Follow her on Instagram @hannahllauren!
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.