10 Reasons Why Katniss Everdeen is Our Spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s almost here, collegiettes.  If you’re like me and have fallen in love with the Hunger Games trilog, you’ve probably had November 21st marked down in your calendars for a while. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part One is hitting theaters and bringing you all the love, drama, and courage from the previous films. As the week countdown begins, let’s talk about Katniss Everdeen. This strong, independent heroine of the film is someone to look up to, and here is exactly why we love her so much.

1. She volunteers to risk her own life in order to save her younger sister, Prim’s:

2. She knows how to make a statement.

What better way than to shoot an arrow right through the judge’s dinner?

3. She was caring towards a young competitor, Rue.

Who didn’t shed a tear during this moving scene?

4. She has dealt with, and conquered, so much at such a young age.

5. She is flawless.

Breathtaking in both a gown and her battle gear.

6. She would never leave Peeta behind.

7. She’s a survivor who made it through not one, but two, of the annual Games.

8. Because she has not one…

…but two hunks chasing after her.

Though, I’m totally Team Peeta.

9. She reacts the exact same way we did when Johanna strips naked in the elevator.

10. She’s got us hooked.

You can bet that I’ll be at the midnight premiere to watch Katniss kick a**, yet again.

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!