freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks ChaY8166imQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Reason’s Why Champagne and Chocolate are the Best Valentines

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Never declare yourself as Valentine-less. Champagne and chocolate will always be your loyal Valentine, and you might be surprised- this duo has often been known to leave girls more satisfied than a real Valentine.

1.No tears will be involved. Unlike a Valentine’s date gone wrong that leaves your smoky eyes you spent all day perfecting running down your face, champagne and chocolate will always leave you with a smile. Although, remember to take it easy with the champagne. Don’t go guzzling the whole bottle, turning on Taylor Swift and revisiting past memories with your ex. Drunk tears are never good.

2.Antioxidants. Both champagne and chocolate (the darker, the better) have been shown to contain antioxidants that can reduce the risk of heart disease and strokes. So pour up a glass and nibble a piece of chocolate! It’s not only good for your soul, but your health, too! Remember though, as with anything, enjoy in moderation. A bottle of champagne and bag of Hershey kisses doesn’t do anyone good unless you’re a) sharing with friends or b) your crush is taking a girl that isn’t you out on a cute Valentine’s date. In that case, indulge sista!

3.The best movie date. The sad truth is: NO male wants to sit and watch Nicholas Sparks movies with you. Luckily, this Valentine’s you can watch your Nicholas Sparks movie marathon with some better company, champagne and chocolate! They won’t be rolling their eyes every 5-seconds, trying to make-out with you when Noah is telling Allie that if she’s a bird he’s a bird or checking the latest game score on their phone. Sounds like a perfect movie night to me.

4.You can drool over all the movie hotties. Ryan Gossling, Zac Efron, Liam Hemsworth, Channing Tatum, Kevin Costner. Need I say more?

5.Cheap date. A bottle of Korbel (a decent tasting champagne) runs only $10.99 a pop (literally), and you can get most candy bars for .99 cents. That’s $12 well spent. Better than wasting 20+ dollars on a Valentine’s gift for someone else, just saying.

6.You can listen to One Direction in peace. Champagne, chocolate, and the boys telling you What Makes You Beautiful. Hey Harry Styles, what’s good?

7.Oh, and I didn’t forget you, Biebs. I know poor Bieber has been getting a bad rep lately, but he’s stolen my heart since the first strum of One Time hit the radio waves. His newest single All That Matters might just be one of the sexiest accompaniments to some champagne and chocolate.

8.Valentine’s Day is on a Friday. I’ll say it again: VALENTINE’S DAY IS ON A FRIDAY. Which means it’s socially acceptable to have a few (and a few more) cocktails. Let’s not pretend like we wouldn’t do the same thing if it were a Tuesday. But, what better pregame than champagne and a little sweet cocoa?

9.The possibilities are endless. They say Red Bull gives you wings, but few things compare to a champagne buzz and chocolate high. After all, your night might not end in tears at the end of The Notebook. You could find yourself in your party dress and red lipstick dancing the night away. Who knows, you may even find a last minute Valentine. Cupid is unpredictable.

10.They make the best dinner. Instead of having to get dressed up and sit through a fancy dinner choking down caviar or mussels or some other gourmet food you have to pretend to like because your Valentine is trying to impress you, you can cut out dinner all together and replace it with sweatpants, champagne, and chocolate. Amen.

Sources:Womens Health Magazine

Molly Leidig is a bubbly Fairfield University senior Communication major with a minor in Journalism. She is originally from Delaware (YES, Delaware is a state!) and hopes to live in the big apple after graduation. In her time at Fairfield, she was captain of the Cross-Country team, Coffee-Break editor at the Fairfield Mirror, and currently interns at Marie Claire magazine. She enjoy chocolate, kisses & coffee. Follow her on Instagram/Twitter @MollDollTrouble.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!