The 10 Most Buzzworthy Moments from the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As the 87th Annual Academy awards kicked off last night, we all knew we would be in for a treat.  From iconic looks on the Red Carpet to multiple “did he really just say that?” moments, this year’s Oscars will be hard to forget. Take a look at some of the most important and noteworthy happenings from last night’s events.

1. Lupita killed it on the Red Carpet…again

2. Jennifer Aniston+Emma Stone=us gushing and screaming over how adorable they are

3. Ansel Elgort had the hottest date: his mom (my invitation must’ve gotten lost in the mail)

4. Partricia Arquette’s badass acceptance speech shed some light on feminist issues…

…and Meryl and J-Lo loved it as much as we did

5. Lady Gaga redeemed her red carpet look by beautifully performing a Sound of Music montage

And Julie Andrews loved it more than anyone

6. Host Neil Patrick Harris brought to the audience things that have never been done before

…and maybe shouldn’t have been.

7. Graham Moore’s acceptance speech brought everyone to tears

8. As did the performance of “Glory” by Common and John Ledgend

9. Eddie Redmayne had the cutest freak out, like, ever

10. “Adele Dazeem” got her revenge…

…while John Travolta now has something else to explain

Two words John: personal space.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.