brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 10 Instagram Posts of Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Alas! It’s summer! We can’t wait to see all the fun trips and unique experiences that people will be having– or more specifically the photos showing it off. But, not all Instagrammers are creative enough to stray from the cliché, overused posts. Here are 10 Instagrams that we guarantee you’ll see this summer.

1. #sunset

Here’s one thing, without a doubt, that will fill your feed this summer. The obligatory sunset pic. Whether it is over the ocean, lake or a pasture of green, you will see a tribute to mother nature.

2. The start of a diet

So the freshman 15 didn’t treat you well? Maybe just getting a late start on your beach bod? Of course you should document it with the overly-healthy fruit salad or dietary post.

3. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere beverage

Summer is the only time you can drink margaritas at 12 in the afternoon without judgment, so take advantage while you can and post away!

4. “Back with my besties”

Guess who’s back, back again? The crew has reunited and it’s time to get filled in on absolutely everything that has happened since last break. But, if you don’t post it, does it really count? This mentality will ensure tons of #backtogether uploads.

5. But missing my college girls #tbt

It’s been three days since the start of summer and people start realizing how much they miss their partners in crime from college. As the weeks go on, more and more throwbacks will cure major separation anxiety.

6. Of course, the selfie

Probably (hopefully) more attractive than the one below, but every girl is occasionally guilty of indulging in a selfie Sunday… especially after a day of tanning.

7. Knees on the beach

So we’ve all heard it: hot dogs or legs? Most likely it will be legs tanning against the ocean or beside a pool, The Catcher in The Rye or latest addition to Oprah’s Book Club optional.

8. Sunglass reflection

Some of us might not be fortunate enough to get palm trees in the reflection like the photo below, but all of us will see the classic sunglass post at least once.

8. Sandwriting

There’s no rhyme or reason for this one. It’s a standard expectation for sand writing, but what is interesting is how creative people get. Try to find the most unique message in the sand on your Insta, you might be surprised with what you find.

9. Bonfire

Is it that all of the people you follow on Instagram are pyromaniacs or is the bonfire post just very popular over the summer? I think it’s safe to say the latter.

10. Crazy-memory-in-the-making

Summer is the time to let loose, have fun, and create everlasting memories. Filter or no filter, the greatest of all Instagrams are the ones that have a story behind them. So, come next semester when you’re stuck in the library cramming for that Economics exam, you’ll be able to look back at the summer posts and relive the sensational four summer months. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!