This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Pros:

1.     Black matches everything. Neutrals are a staple in everyone’s wardrobe.

2.     It’s a slimming color. Black is your best friend when a food baby sneaks up on you.

3.     Sweat stains will not be noticeable. Frankly, no one cares what season it is. Don’t let the heat keep you from wearing a dark ensemble.

4.     You feel powerful; it’s a color that will instantly boost your confidence.

5.     No matter what the occasion is, black is always appropriate. You can go for casual, formal, edgy, or business-professional depending on the articles of clothing you choose.

6.     Let’s be honest- you can usually get away with not wearing a bra if need be (bras aren’t in anymore)

7.     The option to accessorize is always available. Don’t worry, gold and silver will both match.

Cons

1.     Every speck of dust and piece of fuzz in the universe will be visible on what you have on (especially leggings, ugh).

2.     Are there any other cons, honestly??? No, I didn’t think so. 

Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.