Men in Minneapolis: My Summer Adventure

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Welcome back to X’s Universe

Your go-to guru for chic and stylish street wear has been pretty busy this season. As you may already know, I always seek fashion and inspiration wherever and whenever I travel. I recently had the chance and pleasure of visiting the beautiful city of Minneapolis and might I add, it did not disappoint. I had been staying in Minneapolis for a summer intensive dance workshop, but when I wasn’t dancing, I was exploring. It was then that I discovered such a calming aura of the city that was still full of a rich and colorful culture of people. I was determined to find some very fashionable women on my downtime but I was pleasantly surprised when it was in fact the men that caught my eye. Don’t get me wrong, the women are absolutely fabulous, but the men in that city should find an agent right away and be inserted into the next Calvin Klein, or insert a more fab designer here. Needless to say, they left quite the impression on me.

I silently fell in love with these men as I captured their images. I mean what was there not to love?

My first great find is my absolute favorite! Let’s call him Noah for all intents and purposes. His true blue trousers complimented his powered blue jacket perfectly, which happened to match his colored stripped tie. A simple white-checkered oxford shirt was an effortless way to tone down the ensemble as well as the blue socks he chose to camouflage into his trousers. Those shoes were to die for. His hair, perfection! An outfit this good must have had some serious prep time. He even managed to mix prints! A man that can mix prints, steal my heart why don’t you. That kind of flawless coordination isn’t found too often. Also, let’s not forget that he’s on a Vespa. He’s fashionable, environmentally conscious and friendly. He even posed for me! Seriously Noah, where did you come from?

Now this is a less formal yet, dare I say, chic look? I’m getting a Colton Haynes vibe from this guy. Although it wasn’t the best combination of colors, his decision to mix such bold pieces was so daring, I had to give him some credit. The style wasn’t too tight or too big, but was rather flattering on his frame. He did bring a little edge to his preppy demeanor by rolling up his sleeves and rocking a slicked back do. I tried to love it, but in the end I felt there was something off about this outfit that I couldn’t quite figure out. There was either something missing or too much happening. Or perhaps it was his choice of shoes, which was a little on the formal side. In my opinion, an outfit this casual would look great with either gray or black boat shoes. Regardless, Colton caught my eye with his form fitting attire and relaxed yet sultry stance.

Okay, this last one, I’ll admit I was being a total creep and an obvious one at that. At one point, I had the urge to yell out something, anything, from behind my hiding spot, hoping he’d look my way. So I settled with “Jackson!” He turned and flashed a smile at me, letting me know he most definitely knew I was taking pictures of him, but how couldn’t I? He was casually waiting for the bus as everyone in Minneapolis does, yet he added a little flare to his waiting time. His navy blue suit was nicely tailored and balanced between business and casual. The two-toned brown and blue denim oxford shoes brought the whole ensemble together. I enjoyed that he didn’t wear a tie, yet he had his shirt completely buttoned. I think it gave the suit a fresh and young feel. And can someone please tell me where he got that cut and those shades from? I LOVE it! My inner Queen is yelling “YASSSSSSS”.

It’s apparent that Noah, Colton and Jackson have great taste and style. If they were all standing at a function together, they would compliment one another while still remaining daring, bold and unique. The blues and yellows were the perfect color choice for the spring jumping into summer and the clean cuts added a tough of finesse. I’m going to assume they were all in there twenties mid twenties, so thumbs up to my generation for looking so dapper!

Later my shinning Stars,

Xiara (with an X)

P.S. We’ve reviewed great summer colors, but my favorite season, fall, is getting closer! Ladies, make sure your fellas don’t forget their watches, these guys sure didn’t. It’s the must have accessory for any season!

Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.