How to Stay Sane Before Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Deadlines and dues dates are approaching for your endless list of papers, presentations, projects, and tests. Here are a few tips to stay sane while you finish all of them up:

1. Plan in Advance

Read over the project requirements and due date so that you are well aware of your timeline. Some papers may be more challenging than others. So, put a little more effort into the ones you know will take a lot of brain power.

2. Use Your Resources

Your professors are there to guide you. Use office hours regularly, it will help with your academics and your relationship with the professor. Also, use the resources found at the library. Librarians will assist you in finding the books and databases you will need for your research. Even classmates are great to talk with about a project you might be working on. Just make sure you are not cheating.

3. Get Rid of Distractions

Put your phone on silent for some serious study time. Log off of Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, etc. Maybe head to the library or an unused classroom for a couple hours. And, only focus on the task at hand.

4. Be Healthy

Getting sick right before finals would suck! You will need to eat healthy, sleep enough, and get some exercise. When your body is in shape, your mind is at its best shape, too. So don’t start slacking off.

5. Breathe

It’s a stressful time. We all know it. But, stressing will only make the week before finals even worse. You need to breathe and relax a bit. Try taking a walk around the block, light a scented candle, meditate, or even calling home can calm you down.

6. Reward Yourself

Got something accomplished? Reward yourself with whatever makes you happy. Whether its listening to some tunes, hanging out with friends, or watching tv… you deserve it!

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.