Homecoming Overview

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

HAPPY HOMECOMING, PARENTS WEEKEND, ALUMNI WEEKEND!!!

Here’s an overview of what happened during F&M’s 226th

Friday 10/04

Autumn Research Fair

– F&M showed off its academic superiority at the Autumn Research Fair, hosting over 106 student projects. Projects ranged from quantum physics and neurobiology to political polls results and fascinating film studies. As a participating research student, I felt it was a great opportunity to communicate what research interests I have and to hear what others have to bring to the table.

Trashion Show

– F&M strutted down the aisle with recycled cardboard boxes, newspapers, and plastic bags. The Trashion Show displayed 25 of the most creative and sustainable fashions at F&M. Designs ranged from ball-gowns to jackets to Roman armor. It certainly was a unique and fresh way of demonstrating sustainability awareness.

A Capella Concert

– F&M voices came together at the Acapella Concert. Held outside under the big tent accompanied with free popcorn, the concert attracted loads of folks. F&M’s newest group, Kite and Keys, started the show off with Hunter Hayes’ “Wanted.” They were right on key for the performance. Poor Richards took the stage with their first ever rap song, “Rapper’s Delight.” Everyone was impressed with the soloist’s ability to remember all the words and keep on beat. Next up on stage were the ladies of Sweet Ophelia. The lovely girls sang beautifully to “Clarity” and “Anything Could Happen.” But, what made the night fantastic was our Campus Cuties- The Chessmen! With their cheesy yet vibrant dance moves and their sexy voices, The Chessmen rocked the old “Twist and Shout” mashed-up with “Shout!”

Saturday 10/05

Tailgate Extravaganza

– Saturday morning began with meeting Alumni and Faculty at the Tailgate on Hartman Green. There were club booths selling their gear, departmental tables answering questions, and our Mascots dancing around in the center. Attendees enjoyed the huge buffet, pep band performance, and silent raffle. There was definitely something there for everyone. Blue and White Society introduced the Homecoming Court and announced Mr. and Ms. F&M, going to Darrius Moore and Bianca Santos. Congratulations!

Football Game (35-14)

– The boys took the field in the afternoon with a strong start-up. Within the first four minutes 14 points were scored. F&M kept up the good work all the way to the very end. We won a victory of 35-14 over Dickinson. Not to mention, the girls of the F&M Dance Team did an excellent job at the halftime show.

Philharmonica Concert

– The night ended with F&M’s Chorus and Chamber singers. Performances were in both Latin and English. Soloists like Summer Lawson wowed the crowd with their strong and stunning voices. Alumni even joined in at the very end to sing the Alma Marter. It was a lovely evening in the Barshinger auditorium.

Kristina is a senior HerCampus writer at the beautiful Franklin and Marshall College located in Lancaster, PA. For the last two years, she has been writing for the F&M chapter of HerCampus. Her other campus activities include tutoring for the physics department, editing the yearbook, and DJing for the WFNM radio station. Kristina graduates this year with a major in Astrophysics and minor in Applied Mathematics. She aspires to take her writing and science skills, and become a researcher in the field of atmospheric science.
Along with being the Her Campus Franklin and Marshall Campus Correspondent, I am also the editor-in-chief of Epilogue, F&M's literary Magazine, Staff Writer for The College Reporter, F&M's student newspaper, and a very active member of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. When not hard at work, you can find me writing, reading, geeking out over Disney movies with my friends, or doing art projects.