This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

The talented cast and crew of TDF put on this past weekend the American tribal love-rock musical Hair. The show started off really well, setting the scene for the rest of the show. That was having the cast wander through the audience giving out flowers, doing yoga on stage, and making protest signs. As the show actually started, you could tell one thing for sure, these people have talent!

The songs flew by very quickly as each one went straight into the next. Notable senior Charlie Wynn showed off her vast vocal range giving us the hilarious song “My Conviction”, as well as providing strong back notes in many of the other songs. The show itself proved that you really don’t need much of a plot to keep people entertained for about two hours. Some of the songs were very catchy while others were trippy.

The main plot involves Claude (played by James Morogiello) not wanting to conform (what a hipster) and join the war. While many of his friends burn their draft cards, Claude ends up being drafted and probably, eventually, killed in war. Cheerful, right?

The songs of love, peace, freedom, and happiness take our minds off the real problem at hand and immerse us in the hippie culture of the late 60’s. I have personally always loved the songs from this show and seeing them brought back to life by the cast was so much fun. The wonderful orchestra, led by Claire An was set up on stage with everyone dressed in costume. The show brings out some powerful themes of war, rebellion, how to love in a time of free love but you shouldn’t go looking for many conclusions. True to the hippie culture the show portrays, Hair leaves many stories open-ended and allows us to enjoy the songs.

Cari Lamba is currently a junior at Franklin and Marshall College. She is an English literature major and is a member of the National Honors Fraternity. She loves to read, travel, and anything to do with corgis.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.