In Franklin’s Footsteps: Adam Rosenberg ’11

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

If you’ve recently attended a sorority formal, athletic mixer, or even The Rave at Ben’s Underground, you can thank senior Adam Rosenberg. He’s a self-made Campus Celebrity of unusual sorts, supplying the F&M community with the perfect musical background for any occasion. DJ Adam – modestly named – is responsible for the success of more than twenty-five events this year alone.   

After spending a semester abroad in Australia, Adam found his passion: DJ-ing. He has cultivated his love and appreciation of music since childhood, teaching himself the drums at age twelve and discovering the sounds of alternative music through his high school garage band. Never did he expect his casual hobby to expand into a pseudo profession, but with nearly 20,000 songs exploding from his iTunes library, most would argue the contrary.     

The Australian music scene was the ideal environment for Adam to experiment with DJ-ing. Surrounded by Dance, Techno, and House (all genres of rave music) he quickly mastered the art of blending sounds. Once back on F&M’s campus, he quickly transitioned into campus DJ and filled the position on WFNM’s executive board. He has kept busy with shows at the Chameleon Club in downtown Lancaster, Relay for Life, F&M Cares and LGBTA events, the John Marshall Carnival, Senior Nights, and a multitude of athletic and sorority formals; being in high demand is an understatement.

“I want to help expand the radio station, help train a protégé so that music and dance parties can be as good as ever – I want dance music to become more recognized and desired at college,” Adam says. His mysterious celebrity status is balanced by his upmost desire to encourage others to step outside their comfort zone: “Be open to new types of music, meeting new people, and don’t be afraid to experiment and try new things – there is no way I would have gotten into DJ-ing if I didn’t go to Australia and take a risk.”

Adam plans on pursuing a future in the music industry and we undoubtedly believe he has great potential. So, next time you find yourself fist-pumping with a glow stick in hand, think of the person behind the beats and remember: anything is possible.

Molly is a junior at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing with a minor in Women's and Gender Studies. Molly is a member of the Zeta Beta chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity, a former field hockey player, and Relationships & College Life writer at ChickSpeak.com. This native Jersey girl can be found hitting the pavement on daily runs, watching Sex and The City, or shopping for the best sales. A self-proclaimed foodie, Molly can out-eat any guy she has dated. Molly is an aspiring writer and is looking to take the publishing world by storm post-graduation.