Allison Shockley '20

Meet Allison Shockley '20

HC: Name? 

AS: Allison Shockley

HC: Class Year?

AS: 2020

HC: Hometown? 

AS: Wichita, Kansas

HC: What are you involved in at F&M? 

AS: Writing Center tutor; Alumni Arts Review board editor; Spanish tutor; Spanish Honors Society; MUS (music honor society)

HC: What is your favorite memory at F&M? 

AS: I think my favorite memories are the casual moments with friends that don’t seem to stand out at the time but rather add up to a bigger picture of just having people there for you when you need it. Whether it’s getting brunch together, or marching together, or doing yoga, doing homework...if it’s together with people I care about, that’s my favorite memory.

HC: Favorite place to eat in Lancaster? 

AS: Central Market; it just has so many options!

HC: Favorite place on campus? 

AS: The Writing Center

HC: What inspires you? 

AS: I find my inspiration in different little things every day, but right now, what’s inspiring me the most is my mom. She has a bit of a rough journey to get where she is, but she’s always managed the challenges with flexibility and grace. She’s someone that I can look up to for her inner beauty and strength.

HC: If you could do anything what would you do? 

AS: I would travel the world, hearing people’s stories and letting them share their knowledge with me.

HC: An interesting fact about you? 

AS: I’m set to inherit a farm with about a hundred animals, from a duck that wags his tail because he thinks he’s a dog to lovebird sugar gliders names Bonnie and Clyde, opossums, goats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, peacocks...it’s a mad house.

HC: Ben or John? (and why) 

AS: Honestly, they’re both terrifying. Sorry.

Tagged: