8 Ways You Know You Are From Baltimore

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

1.     The only bright colors you wear are orange and purple. Gotta represent the O’s and Ravens everywhere you go.

2.     You can eat Old Bay on anything, and you will. That whole Maryland crabs stereotype is true. You love them, you know how to pick them, and you will cover them in a generous amount of the red stuff. Then you’ll need a glass of “wooter.”

3.     You will not settle for something less than an Esskay hotdog and a bag of Utz chips.

4.     The majority of your athletic clothes are from Under Armour.

5.     Whatever restaurant you visit, the shrimp scampi is never garlicy enough. Nothing compares to Sabatino’s, a classic family favorite place in Little Italy.

6.     Anyone wearing a Steeler’s jersey is automatically an enemy and cannot be trusted.

7.     You’re terrified of riding the Light Rail.

8.     Most elementary school field trips were to either Fort McHenry or the Museum of Industry.

Karolina Heleno is a student at Franklin and Marshall College majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Women and Gender Studies. She currently serves as the Communications Intern with the YWCA of Lancaster.