This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Are you too busy to go on a shopping spree for a Halloween costume? Are you in need of a killer but affordable costume for this year’s Halloween party? Well look no further because I’ve compiled a list of 7 budget-friendly costumes that you probably already have right in your closet!

1. Cat

Black clothing is a staple to every girl’s closet. In order to achieve this look, you can wear your LBD or pair a cute black top with a skirt or pants. #meooow

2. Scarecrow

“Well, some people without brains do an awful lot of talking don’t they?” -The Scarecrow

To create the perfect scarecrow, grab your flannels and pair it off with some jeans and boots. If you want to be more festive, add in a hat and paint your face to achieve that authentic look.

1. Risky Business

Find yourself a pair of oversized white button-up and top if off with some sunglasses and shorts. This may just be the easiest yet cute costume ever!

1. Holly Golightly

Not digging the risky business look? Looking for something a little more chic? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Pair an oversized button up with a cute sleeping mask and you’ve got yourself a Holly Golightly costume. It’s both comfortable and très chic!

1. Athlete

Channel your inner school pride by wearing a sports jersey paired with shorts, tights or a skirt.

1. Wednesday Addams

“This is my costume, I’m a homicidal maniac. They look like everybody else.” Wednesday Addams.

Pair off a white button up with a black dress or a black skirt and sweater to pull Wednesday Addams’ classic look.

1. Rosie the Riveter

To sport your inner feminist, wear a denim button up along with a pair of jeans. Grab your red bandana and you’ve got yourself your inner Rosie.

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.