This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at F and M chapter.

Being a college student means that you are prone to having bad days. Whether you’re swamped with homework and exams or everything just doesn’t seem to be going your way, having a bad day is hard to avoid. Read the rest of this blog post to learn about the six ways of how to turn your day into a great one.

1. Listen to happy music.

Music is a powerful tool that can change your mood within the duration of three minutes. Opt out of listening to sad songs because it will only contribute to increasing your dreary mood. Instead, go on Spotify or Pandora and listen to a playlist of happy songs to get you through your day. Music therapy is the quickest way to changing your mood and helping you feel better.

2. Create a list of things that make you happy.

When we are having a bad day we tend to dwell on all of the bad things that are happening to us instead of focusing on all of the good that has come to our life. Creating a list of things that make you happy will remind yourself of the good that’s in your life and help you forget about the bad.

3. Treat yourself to some of your favorites.

When in doubt, indulge yourself in some of your favorite things. For example, listen to your favorite song or eat your favorite food. You’ll thank yourself later.

4. Go for a walk.

Nature is therapeutic. Going outside to take a breath of fresh air always helps calm you down and focus on yourself. Take a 15 minute walk around your neighborhood and let nature do its thing.

5. Take a nap.

A common cause of a bad day is lack of sleep. With all of the assignments that and exams that you have to study for, it’s not a surprise that your sleeping habits have plummeted. Sometimes the best remedy for a bad day is to just sleep it off. Go for a 30 minute nap and you’ll instantly feel refreshed and ready to tackle the rest of the day with a burst of energy.

6. Write.

Sometimes the best way to get over a bad day is to simply express it. Writing down your feelings is a healthy way of managing your emotions. Write down everything that you need to in the comfort of your own room. Writing things down makes it private and will not create more problems.

Vivian is the current Campus Correspondent and Marketing Director of the Her Campus chapter at F&M, where she has been a member for 3 years. She is a senior at Franklin & Marshall College, studying business and sociology. In her free time, she can be found catching up on TV shows, reading novels, or spending time with her sorority sisters. Her interests include branding, public relations, and marketing.
I attend Franklin & Marshall College and am the campus correspondent of the Her Campus chapter here. I also play flute with the Pep Band and Symphonic Wind Ensemble. I am an editor for the Patsy Post, am involved with F&M Unleashed, a member of Mu Upsilon Sigma, and a Brother of Phi Sigma Pi, a co-ed honors fraternity.