Winter Warmers: How to Keep Toasty and Trendy!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The coffee shops have got their Christmas cups and the windows are gleaming with twinkly lights and moving reindeer. It can only mean one thing ladies: the temperature is going to drop even further and we must prepare in the most stylish way we can.

HCX have found you some gorgeous winter warming accessories to get you through those cold winter mornings and late night festive shopping trips without resorting tothe standard hats and scarves, which leave you feeling like you have taken your fashion advice from a snowman. These absolute essentials will ensure to keep you feeling toasty whilst allowing you to keep radiating your daily style.

Boot Socks

Whether you are going for a snowy walk, or just wading through fallen leaves, make sure your feet are warm and dry by adding some fleece to your Wellies or boots. Hunter does some gorgeous pairs, but boot socks can be found in any high street clothes shop. Wear them over your jeans for warm toes and cool style.

Mittens

Having just invested in a pair of Topshop mittens, I would recommend them to anyone suffering from frosty fingers. These furry mittens have a fleece lining to keep even the chilliest winds out. And they even come with matching earmuffs, scarf and hat (for those in favor of the original snowman look, of course). However, make sure you do not need to text or call anyone, as by keeping your fingers warm, you sacrifice their use by giving yourself restrictive paws.

One thing every girl needs this winter is some sort of waterproof coat, be it mac, gilet, wax jacket or anorak. Now this may sound like something a older relative may suggest to prevent you ‘catching a chill’ but when you are walking home in the rain and your bargain umbrella is failing you, you’ll be glad you took our advice! Barbour, of course, would be a great choice (and investment) but for a more modest budget, pick up a coloured anorak from Primark to wear over a cute knit with leggings and UGG boots.

And it is not just the cold outside that we need to guard ourselves from with fashionable fleeces and stylish sweatshirts.Investments are also needed to keep the feeling of frozen toes and numb fingers at bay whilst inside. As a student I know all about the heated discussions about how long the heating is allowed on for (Iwrite this article in snood and bobble hat!). But if these discussions are the only thing heated in your home too then here are some ways to keep cosy indoors.

1. Get aOnesie. It’s a win-win situation. They are warm. They are soft. They put all of your body in one piece of fabric. New Look have a great selection. Get the ones complete with feet to embrace your inner kid.  And at £15.99, it’s a bargain warmer.

1. Bed Socks and a Dressing Gown. If the onesie isn’t your style, stay classic. Get a super fluffy dressing gown from Marks and Spencer’s and some gorgeous bed socks from The White Company and you will be kept warm until the sun decids to put his hat on once again. And White Company bed socks are the kind of socks you do want for Christmas.

And for all the extra bits and bobs, from blankets to hot water bottles, head to the new John Lewis store and raid what they have to offer – and enjoy their lovely free heating whilst you’re at it!

Photo credits:

http://randomyesusefulno.com/post/1731002408/46-dogs-wearing-scarves http://weheartit.com/entry/24318938#