This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Here at HCX, we love a good home pamper-sesh, and face masks are, in our opinion, a total necessity for a DIY pamper day. But what is right for your skin? Here’s our guide to help ensure that you get the face mask that is perfect for you. 

Combination Skin

This honey and oat face mask from Body Shop is mild, slightly exfoliating and gentle. It’s a little messy, but definitely worth it. Plus, honey is known to have cleansing, anti-bacterial properties which is a bonus for your skin.                                                                                                                                                                       

Acne-prone skin

Another fave from the Body Shop is their tea-tree oil face mask. It’s one we stock up on whenever there’s a 30% discount on at the Body Shop, because it does wonders for a bad breakout. It calms skin and helps clear up spots.                                                                    

Lush is another great place to go searching for face masks, and they’ve got a great collection that explains exactly what kind of skin-type each mask is suitable for. These do need to be kept in the fridge, and they’re a little expensive, but it’s worth checking them out.                                                                  

Our top picks from Lush are…

Tired skin

Catastrophe Cosmetic – made with blueberries, it’s our pick for an end-of-the-week facemask, or after a night out, when our skin needs a bit of a pick-me-up. It always makes our face feel soft and refreshed after using.                                                                   

Red skin

Sometimes we get those awful blotchy days, when our skin hasn’t broken out in spots but just looks a little angry. That’s what Rosy Cheeks from Lush is made for: soothing and calming your skin.                                                                       

We know the above face masks are a little pricey, and this late in term you may be focusing more on Christmas presents for others than a treat for yourself. So, here are a couple of other recommendations that are perfect for those on a budget.

We’re recommending the Montagne Jeunesse collection – they’re only about £1 each, and easily available in Boots, Superdrug, Wilkinsons, and Primark. (And you can usually get a couple of uses out of each pack.)

Our Budget Picks: Manuka Honey Peel-Off; Passion Peel-Off; Tea-Tree Peel-Off; and the Strawberry Soufflé. 

Hey, I'm Beth :)I'm currently a Physics undergrad from South Wales. I did A Levels in French, Spanish, Physics and Maths, and I love reading and writing booksxo