What Does Your Sporty Boyfriend Say About Your Love Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Playing sport at university is a fantastic way to get to know a crowd of like-minded people, but do the similarities between you and your teammates stop there? Just how much does the sport you play affect other elements of your life? Could it even influence how you approach sex? Her Campus has rounded up a list and popular sports and what they reveal about your love life.

[pagebreak]

Rugby Union

Rugby union boys will treat you like the ball, play with you hard and fast and then pass you on to their teammate when they are done! However if they see the possibility of a try they will hold on very tight and not let you go.

[pagebreak]

Rugby League                                                                                        

Expect more of a build-up than rugby union but with the same disappointing result. There is less piling on top, and all in all a quicker experience. Less time is spent in the scrum, more time working on that fancy handwork.

[pagebreak]

Hockey

Hockey boys will treat you like their stick: with care and finesses. They will stroke you up and down, trying different holds in order to find the perfect one. Once they are done, they will wish to use you again and again!

[pagebreak]

Football

Football boys spend too much time on fancy footwork struggling to actually get on with the game.  They often struggle to score the vital penalty kicks and find the right spot in order to get past the keeper! They are far more interested in their off pitch antics than the actual game.

[pagebreak]

Swimming

Each swimmer has their own stroke. Unless, they are a medley swimmer who spend too much time under the water and finish for a quick, hasty and in most cases, not pretty finish.

[pagebreak]

Golf

Golf is slow and steady, sometimes taking all day. A golfer will enjoy the scenery and keep on trying over the 18 holes until they find that perfect shot. Golfers, don’t mind putting it from the rough!

[pagebreak]

Tennis

Tennis is a hard and fast game with a great deal power. Expect lots of grunting on the court.  A tennis player has lots of different strokes catering their game for each opponent.  Players can be forward or backward in their approach and like to be in control of the game.

[pagebreak]

Rowing

Rowers have plenty of stamina and like to start as they mean to go. Expect an early wake up call, as this is when they do their best work. Downside is that they are pretty fatigued for the rest of the day. (On a side note, who can forget that picture at the Olympics of the rower gaining his medal, and looking rather happy)

[pagebreak]

Cricket

Similar in golf, in the fact that it takes all day, but occasionally becomes fast and furious when the boundary is hit. Got to love the fact that a match tea is also a vital element of play!

[pagebreak]

Surfing

Relaxed views on the matter, but when they hit that big wave just right, expect the ride of your life.

[pagebreak]

Windsurfing

More equipment than surfing but use the elements to their advantage. Wind surfers know a lot about the right positions and angles in order to maximise their results and keep the sail upright.

[pagebreak]

Athletics

Dependent on whether they are track or field. Athletes are great for variety- from the fast sprints to the accuracy of a javelin thrower. Of course the Holy Grail is the decathlete that can do 10 sports to the level that most of us would like to do one so imagine what they can do when they put all their effort into one thing!

[page break]

So, whilst the above may not be strictly true, and is very tongue in cheek, the question still remains whether your sporty boyfriend says anything about your love life?

Picture Credits: www.ball72.com, www.kings-taunton.co.uk, www.nj.com, www.thetimes.co.uk, www.nature.com, www.salon.com, www.gallery.fansshare.com, www.todaysgolfer.co.uk, www.blogs.theprovince.com www.sportsmole.co.uk, www.surfcyprus-windsurfing.com,  www.thevsky.com www.superleaguefans.com, www.warwicksport.warwick.ac.uk