gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
gaelle marcel S6hz7Y1FCTs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Names:  Glen Fitzgerald, Stefano Falsini, James Colley

Year: 2nd

Degree: Italian and Spanish (x2), Geography

How does it feel to be Campus Celebrities?

We like to keep our feet firmly grounded, at the end of the day it’s all about our fans.  We are not going to let this go to our heads. Fame is not our main aim at the current time. To label us celebrities is an absolute honour.

James adds: We are just 3 friends united by music.

What made you decide to start a band?

Stef: Whilst playing a Fifa match (the ultimate procrastination from revision during exams), James and I started to sing Moves like Jagger and thought, “wow we aren’t bad” but laughed it off. Glen told us boys to take it seriously and that combined with Glen’s vocals, we could create an Acapella group, which has come to be known as The Verge as we know it.

What made you choose the name “The Verge, is there any particular reason for this?

We felt we were on the verge of a break-through, so naturally the name The Verge came about. We loved the name even more when we realised our fans would be called The Verge’ins.

What band would you say you are most similar to?

We would like to think of ourselves as unique. However, we are inspired by the likes of One Direction and Justin Beiber -purely on the basis of their fame and popularity.

How has being SPOTTED in the library changed things for you boys?

We have since been contacted by Beat 100 and Mama Stones. Alongside this we have been approached by Coverium Cover through our Youtube channel, we have been told we have “promising” talent and potential.

We have heard rumours that you have entered Britain’s Got Talent- want to give us the inside scoop on that one:

We have applied and hope to be performing at the auditions in April as well as the X-factor auditions in Bristol later this year.

You took Exeter Halls last year by storm, and have even been SPOTTED. What’s next for you boys? Have you got any other exciting plans lined up for the year?

We have new covers coming up very soon and a few other tricks up our sleeve. So watch this space!

Do you write any of your own music or is it currently just covers?

Currently just covers given our demanding degrees  (apparently Geography is hard!) and hectic schedules.

What are the perks about being in a band?

Getting noticed or spotted all the time, we have been recognised by the various bartenders around Exeter.  Also knowing that we have managed to spread our fan base nationally and internationally is a great feeling. And at the end of the day, by far the biggest perk is the enjoyment we bring to others through our music.

How is it living together?

It has its ups and downs but we think it adds to the group chemistry, which in turn adds to our confidence.

Since 2 of you are going on a year abroad next year, how certain is the future for you boys?

Next year we will have to a take a career break but we can assure our fans we will be back and better than ever.

#BACKTHEBOYZ

To find out more about the boys, follow them on  Facebook  or  Twitter .