This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

We all know that  as students we don’t have a great deal of spare cash but plenty to spend it on! HCX shows you how best to spend what you do have in a practical and adorable way, and has brought you our top 9 nine investment pieces that you need for the year.

Converse – £44.99 (Office)

Perfect for trekking up forum hill and then dancing all night – without sore feet!

Denim vintage raw-cut shorts – £30 (Urban Outfitters)

These shorts will take you through winter and into summer, pair with a crop-top for effortless cool or dress down with a cute summery top.

Across Body Bag – £18 (River Island)

A small black bag is ideal clubbing wear. Big enough for the essentials but cheap enough that you won’t be reduced to tears if it gets lost/damaged.

Printed Modern Tempo Running Shorts – £25 (Nike)

Hit the gym looking cute in these bright printed shorts. Get the matching top for extra motivation!

Chunky Ribbed Jumper – £34 (Topshop)

Stay stylish on a hangover with this gorgeous chunky knit jumper!

Scuba Leggings – £20 (Miss Selfridge)

These stretch leggings will be your best friend during those 9ams and are super flattering!

MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation – £25 (John Lewis)

This foundation will take you through the day looking fab, a must have for those running around campus!

Graphic Print Mini Umbrella – £15 (John Lewis)

Exeter is known for raining all the time so keep stylish with this cute graphic umbrella!

Hipflask – £12 (Urban Outfitters) 

Adorable and practical, what’s not to love? A great money saver too.

Photo Credits:

Johnlewis.com, Riverisland.com, urbanoutfitters.com, office.com, riverisland.com, missselfridge.com and nike.com.