This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

With Christmas far behind us, and with the promise of many a cloudy cold day ahead, it’s easy to find yourself feeling a little blue this winter. But don’t worry, here at HCX, we have a solution that will brighten up those long wintry months, because what says new year like a new wardrobe? We’ve compiled a list of our favourite winter looks this year which we think will make those cold days on campus, suddenly feel a lot more doable, and which most importantly will have you both looking and feeling utterly fabulous. 

This winter, it’s all about layering up. Warm, comfy and cosy; coats are an absolute essential for those chilly morning walks to campus. But comfy doesn’t have to mean drab, if you want to achieve that catalogue page perfection, look no further than a long camel coat to complete your winter look. Paired with some skinny black jeans and a slinky black top, this simple yet stunning look, never fails to impress.                                                                  

The daily winter struggle of having to leave your bed and Netflix behind, and change out of your baggy jumper, is finally over. The baggy jumper is officially in, and we couldn’t be happier about it. Snuggly and fabulous, this look is sheer perfection when matched with jeans and knee high boots, proving what we knew all along; the over sized jumper is the way forward.                                                                                              

Though we may love our jeans, we can’t deny that we miss our summer skirts in the long wintry months. Luckily we have found the perfect solution. A classic black skater skirt is a must have this year. When paired with some black tights and a cosy jumper, the skater skirt is a sassy, flirty item that allows you to show off your legs while still feeling winter ready.                                                                                                           

For a classic winter look that never goes out of style, look no further than a tartan skirt. An eye catching and flirtatious choice that will never fail to grab people’s attention, a tartan skirt is the perfect choice for those days when you want to add a little flirty fun to your look. Combined with a soft cream jumper, a red tartan skirt will ensure that you feel fabulous and ready to take on anything.                                                                                             

No winter wardrobe is complete without an oversized scarf to add a splash of colour. A scarf is the perfect accessory for every outfit, practical yet fashionable; it adds a dressy edge to any ensemble. We recommend a slinky dress and some stunning knee high boots to really accentuate and dramatise the look, so you will be looking and feeling runway ready                                                                          

Bethany is a third year english student studying at Exeter University and is the Fashion and Beauty Editor for Exeter's chapter of Her Campus. In between shopping for the latest trends and reading the latest celebrity gossip and fashion news, she enjoys working out and improving on her fitness. Bethany is also a keen photographer, often seen snapping photos of the night sky and friends. She dreams of travelling the world and discovering its couture, food and sites, and ultimately becoming a successful writer.