This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Are you the girl constantly taking photos of everything you see, even that random leaf from the pavement? With the age of the smart phone, it is easier than ever to capture memories forever, and maybe even share those photos with the world. With a world to explore with the camera lens, here is Her Campus’ list of destinations where we would love to snap a few piccies for the Tumblr feed!

The Aerial Photographer: Hong Kong

The lights, the buildings and the action all play together and form some incredible aerial shots. The majority of us at Her Campus can only dream about having the incrediable opportunity to get some amazing aerial shots of anywhere, let alone Hong Kong! The impressive skyline seems to come alive when the sun goes down thanks to the light show affectionately called ‘A Symphony of Lights’, where this orchestrated light and laser show currently features 44 buildings on both sides of Victoria Harbor!  The show features several different kinds of lights including not only simple lighting from inside the buildings but LEDs, lasers, searchlights, and projection lighting. Sometimes on special occasions there is an added bonus of fireworks to this nightly extrangence. .The show is reported to cost a lavish $44 million HKD each year – pocket change (!)

The Cityscape Photographer: New York City

The urban jungle of New York is the prime place for cityscape photographers with its wide ranging cultural and architectural livelihood to grab the perfect photograph. From Lower Manhattan to the Bronx to Staten Island, NYC has it all. In a city known for its evolving nature and ‘never sleeping’ attitude, photography never has to end, even at nighttime!

The Wildlife Photographer: Galapagos Islands

The Galapagos Islands with their white powdery beaches, torrid volcanoes, lava tunnels and curiously tame wildlife, seem like the wildlife photographer’s heaven! The Galapagos is second only to the Great Barrier Reef National Park, Australia in terms of the size of marine area protected and is home to the world’s only species of marine lizard. With this abundance of wildlife that has engulfed the island, this is the place to get the perfect shot.

The Landscape Photographer: Iceland

Whilst Iceland is known for its hot springs, it has much more to offer, such as idyllic scenery that looks like it has been photoshopped. One place to start would be Jökulsárlón, which is the largest glacier lagoon in Iceland. The lagoon is open to the sea and so contains a mixture of salt and freshwater, giving it a unique blue-green colour, which makes it perfect for stunning landscape shots!

[pagebreak]

The Geology Photographer: Utah/Arizona

Monument Valley on the Utah/Arizona border, is famous for its unusual rock formations which lure in visitors from all over the world to marvel at the cluster of these large sandstone “buttes”. It’s no wonder that the Valley appears in the backdrop of many films, particularly Westerns. (Check out last week’s travel bucket list on places to visit if you’re a film addict!) The stunning sandstone structures are the perfect subject for a stunning landscape photograph, particularly at sunset when it casts some mesmerising shadows!

The Grand Canyon in Arizona is considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Photographers found in this gorgeous canyon should know that it exposes nearly 2 billion years of the earth’s geological history! The different rock layers give the canyon an authentic look of vivid colours – a photographer’s paradise!

The Sports Photographer: Rio de Janeiro

With the 2016 Rio Olympics coming up, the sporting world is turning to Rio more than ever. This means that you sports photographers can go wild, and maybe you will take a shot of the next great Olympian. Also Rio offers some truly unique extreme sporting opportunities such as hand gliding, skydiving, ocean kayaking or even absailing down rocky wall in Morro da Urca. Ultimately Rio de Janeiro has the potential to provide you with some legendary sporting photos!

The Architectural Photographer: Moscow

During the Communist rule, there were many propaganda schemes including the construction of avant-garde masterpieces such as the pedestrian bridge that crosses the Moskva river towards the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour. There’s normally a pretty clear view of the Kremlin too. These are just a few examples of some of the gems on offer in a city underestimated by so many.

The Fashion Photographer: Paris

Her Campus mentioned Paris on the Bucket List for Shopaholics, and Paris is also perfect for the budding fashion photographers amongst you! Known for huge fahion houses such as Chanel, fashion is embedded within Parisian culture. Paris has an abundance of fashionistas roaming the streets as well as beautiful architecture, which equals photographs that look like they have jumped out of the pages of a fashion magazine!

Photo credits: www.spotcoolstuff.com, www.all-that-is-interesting.co…www.ramonbnuezjr.com, www.galapagosislands.com, www.wikimedia.org, www.inhabitat.com, www.thismodernromance.com, www.wondermondo.com, www.nationalgeographic.com, www.parkerlab.bio.uci.edu

Shannon is a first year law LLB student. When she is not buried in a mountain of law books, she spends her time indulging her keen passions for travel, films and blogging.