andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
andrew neel 7crB2ccrmPo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Love or hate them, you cannot deny that chat-up lines provide excellent entertainment. The classic chat-up line can make or break a shark attack. Whether it’s a line you’ve heard before or a completely new dazzler, for comedic value alone, chat-up lines always seem to bring a smile to our faces (even if that is a smile of ridicule). With exams out of the way and mandatory celebrations to be had, Her Campus Exeter thought we would share our favourite chat-up lines with you – feel free to use them, although HCX are not responsible for the result.

Disclaimer: Expect cheese and cringe…A lot of it!

Cheesy Questions:

1. “Is that a ladder in your tights…Or a stairway to heaven?”
  2. “Is it hot in here? Or is that just you?”
  3. “Are you a parking ticket? Because you have fine written all over you!”
  4.  “Are you doing anything tonight because I sure hope it is me?”
  5. “Were you arrested earlier? Because it must be illegal to look that good!”
  6. “Are your legs tired? Because you have been running through my mind all day!”
  7. “Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?”
  8. “God called…He asked when you were coming back?”
  9. “I lost my teddy bear. Will you sleep with me?”
  10. “Is that a mirror in your pants…I think I can see myself in them?”
  11. “I lost my phone number…Can I borrow yours?
  12. “You look like the type of girl who has heard every line in the book…So what’s one more?”
  13. “Are you Jamaican…Because je-making me crazy
  14. “Did the sun come out? Or did you just smile at me?
  15. “Your lips look so lovely. Would you like to meet mine?”

Classic One- Liners:

1. “There must be something wrong with my eyes; I can’t take them off of you”
  2. “If I could rearrange the alphabet I would put U and I together.”
  3. “You must be a light switch because every time I see you, you turn me on”
  4. “I’m like a chocolate pudding. I might look rank but I am as sweet as can be.”
  5. “I bet your last name is Jacobs because you’re a real cracker!”
  6. “I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you.”
  7. “I’ll cook you dinner if you cook me breakfast”
  8. “You giving me your number sounds like a  fair trade”
  9. “If you were a library book, I would check you out!”
  10. “Can you unlock your Wi-fi so that we can get connected”
  11. “If you were a triangle, you would be an acute one!”
  12.  “I might have got a B in French, but I got an A in French kissing.”
  13. “My name may not be Luna, but I know how to love good.”
  14. “You turn my floppy disc into a hard drive!”
  15. “Hey I’m Mr Right, someone told me that you were looking for him.”

The Long-Winded Ones:

1. “Do you like my top? What material do you think it is?” (Girl thinks/answers) “That’s boyfriend material!”
  2. “Do you know the essential difference between sex and conversation?” (Girl thinks/answers) “No. Do you want to go upstairs and talk?”
  3. “I can’t find my puppy. Can you help me find him? I think that he went into this secluded, romantic area.”
  4. “My friend’s over there said that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the fittest girl in the room. Want to buy some drinks with their money?
  5. “Excuse me, I think that you have something on your face?” (Look closer). “Oh it looks like beauty?” (Attempt to rub it off) “It won’t come off. It must be eternal”
  6. “I’m invisible” (Girl answers:“really?”) “Well can you see me?” (Girl: “Yes”). How about tomorrow night?
  7. “You look like my first wife.” (Girl: “Really? How many wives have you had?”) “Oh I’m still a bachelor”
  8. “What time is it?” (Girl thinks/answers) “My watch says its time you got naked” (Girl: “no it doesn’t) “Oh it must be an hour fast.”
  9. “I don’t suppose you know the number for Ordinance Survey…I want to tell them that I have discovered a sight of outstanding natural beauty.”
  10. “I am a mathematician baby! Do you fancy going to my room, adding the bed, subtracting the clothes, dividing your legs and multiplying?”

Plain Strange:

1. “POLAR BEAR” (Girl looks quizzically at boy) “Sorry I needed something to break the ice.”
  2. “Did you just fart? Because you just blew me away.”
  3. “If you were a bogey, I would pick you first.”
  4. “If you were a McDonald’s burger. You would be Mc-Gorgeous”
  5. “You’re like an exothermic reaction…You spread your hotness everywhere!”
  6. “I wish I was your derivative so that I could lie tangent to your curves”
  7. “Do you have a plaster because I cut my knee when I fell for you.”
  8. “You be the tree and I will wrap around you like a koala bear.”
  9. “Let’s flip a coin. Head’s your mine, tails I’m yours.”
  10. If I were a zombie, I’d eat you the most.”

There you have it then, HCX top 50 chat-up lines! From cheeky one-liners to the plain weird, HCX has shared them all. Whether they cringe you out of leave you in fits of hysterics, it cannot be denied that chat-up lines are successful in producing some type of reaction and for that reason alone they must be doing something right!

Photo Credits: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/pick%20up%20lines,www.mid-day.com, http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/1d?before=1339686233, www.thegolfgirl.blogspot.com