This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

It’s hard not to recognise Jack, what with his cheeky grin and his mischievous antics, you’ll never have a dull moment with him. But, while it can’t be disputed that he is the first port of call for any of his mates in need of a good laugh, it’s the genuine heart of gold and caring nature,  that lie beneath his laddy exterior that truly qualifies him as this week’s campus cutie. Enjoy!

Name: Jack Bland

Uni Year: 2nd

Degree: Engineering

Hometown: Coventry

What societies are you involved in Jack?

I’m media sec of Snowsports which takes up a lot of my time. I went on a ski season before I came to Exeter so I have a genuine interest in Snowsports. Plus we have some awesome trips, some massive socials and it’s full of a great bunch of people.

If you had to take three items to a desert island what would they be?

I’d definitely take a boat. But you’ve got to make the most of an opportunity to be on a desert island so, I’d take a bottle of rum so I could properly chill in the sun and my last item would be, oh, obviously a stapler… It goes without saying! (Random?! HCX love it!)

What’s your favourite place in the world?

La Manga in Spain. Me and my family go every year with our best family friends. It’s pretty suave. It’s nice to be able to go out and eat good food, do any activity under the sun and still be able to chill out.

What’s your favourite memory of uni so far?

It’s a hard one because I always have a laugh on a night out and make great (blurry) memories but, the best night out I’ve ever had was on the Christmas ski trip last year in Tignes. I can’t really explain why but I reckon it had something to do with being on the slopes, the people I was with and the level of intoxication.

What’s your ideal date?

Off the top of my head I would say, something involving a yacht, a deserted cove, an exotic setting, a nice meal, some fairy lights, a cocktail or two and I guess seeing what happens with those ingredients.

What do you look for in a girl?

I like being able to have a laugh with someone so a playful outlook on life is a necessity, a good figure and a cheeky smile.

Is there anyone special in your life?

I’d like to think there is.

Laura is a third year English Literature student at the University of Exeter. Laura has been a member of Her Campus since 2012, when she decided it was time to actually get involved in something CV worthy. Since joining HCX Laura has been heavily involved with the Culture team writing on everything from film reviews to blogging about what to do on your day off. Having never been involved in journalism before Laura has been pleasantly surprised by how much she has enjoyed her time at HCX. This year Laura is lucky enough to be the editor of Local Culture, and is relishing the excuse to explore Exeter in search of article ideas instead of tackling her extensive reading list. When Laura isn't writing for Her Campus, or staring aimlessly at her laptop in the library hoping a first class essay will miraculously appear, she loves to socialise with friends and explore the area surrounding Exeter (especially if it involves a beach).This summer Laura will be interning at OK! Magazine in their online department, as well as gaining work experience in the press office at Arsenal Football Club. Laura will also be relaxing with friends and family and booking as many holidays as possible. After University Laura wants to pursue a career in public relations in the travel and lifestyle industries. She intends to put off becoming an adult for at least another year by embarking on the classic 'gap year' experience and travelling the world- all in the aid of her future career of course...