This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Christmas is a time of joy and merriment so Her Campus have rounded up our favourite Christmas Cocktails to help you on your way. 

Snowball

This classic 70s cocktail has made a recent comeback with. With a deliciously smooth flavour, like cream soda for grownups, this is a great drink for a wintery night in front of the TV.

Ingredients:

Ice cubes

3 parts lemonade

1 part Advocat

Squeeze of lime juice to taste

Method:

Pop a few ice cubes in a high-ball glass, add the Advocat and then fill up with lemonade. Spritz in some lime juice and give a quick stir.

[pagebreak]

Santa’s Little Helper

This festive take on a Kir Royale will certainly help to bring a rosy tint to your cheeks and will bring a touch of elegance to any Christmas party.

Ingredients:

A splash of berry liqueur – try Chase Blackcurrant or Chambord

Red berry sorbet – or try mango for a dash of the exotic

Champagne or prosecco

Method:

Add a dash of the berry liqueur to a champagne flute. Follow this with a scoop of your chosen sorbet. Finally, top up the glass with your bubbly and enjoy.

[pagebreak]

Smoking Bishop

A delicious take on mulled wine that packs quite a Christmassy punch. It even gets a mention at the end of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” so you can’t get more festive than that!

Ingredients:

2 cloves

Orange slice and nutmeg (for garnish)

½ Seville orange (sliced)

½ pink grapefruit (sliced)

50ml light red wine

25ml Port

10ml gum syrup

40ml blood orange juice

25ml pink grapefruit juice

½ cinnamon stick

25ml Courvoisier

Method:

Put everything except the nutmeg and cognac into a saucepan. Bring the mixture to a low simmer and then add the Courvoisier. For added decadence, serve in teacups and decorate with the garnish.

Photo Credits: chow.com, pinterest.com, thelondoner.me