HCX Meet and Greet Cocktail Evening!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

The first 2012/13 HCX Social was held last Saturday and was a great success (even though everyone was shattered from Freshers’ Week!)! It was great to see so many of you there and we loved meeting some of our new team – particularly the girls who haven’t worked with us before. All the girls had a very chilled evening with some cocktails and cupcakes (expertly baked and decorated by your execs!) and learnt all about the plan for HCX this coming year – some very exciting plans still to be announced!

The evening was held at “The Monkey Suit” on Sidwell Street – a gorgeous bar with some very reasonable cocktails deals – which is a “must visit” for any Exeter student. Our cocktail night was spiced up since the staff at The Monkey Suit kindly made us some special cocktails which were incredibly tasty: the “Her Campus Cocktail” (which was suitably pink!) was enjoyed by most of us at least once. After putting up our famous pink banner and new bunting, the bar was looking fantastic, as was everyone there! It was a great occasion to bring out our heels and delve into the wardrobe for the perfect dress (or in my case head straight to Topshop to purchase something new – ooops).

It was great to see some our “Campus Cuties” from last year helping us out again this year. I don’t think any of the girls were complaining when they had their photos taken with them or when they sat down for a drink and a chat! Have a look out for the photos of our Campus Cuties in their new t-shirts – they were looking great. This was particularly fun for the new girls who didn’t yet know what Campus Cuties were (a big perk of HCX!). 

After having a catch up with old friends and introducing the new girls to HCX and our new Exec team, we came to the really exciting part…We promised you prizes for that evening and the ones we gave out were incredible and in many cases we were very reluctant to give them out (not that we needed any chocolate after all the cakes we had eaten). The start of term can be incredibly stressful and expensive so we tried to give out a few prizes to help you relax and take care of yourselves: Amy Clarke Beauticians donated an eyebrow threading (very jealous!), Supercuts gave us a Cut and Blow Dry, Lush contributed a gift set and Purity Spa kindly gave us a back and shoulder rub! However; I have to admit that I was most jealous of the lucky girl who won the Hotel Chocolat Party Piece that looked incredible! In fact, I think my housemates and I could happily have eaten that in one small sitting…

We had such a nice evening with you all: it was great to see so many of you there and we can’t wait to see you at all our meetings and upcoming socials! We’re excited for a busy new year!

Lauren is the President/Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Exeter, as well as the Manager of UK Expansion and a National Writer for HerCampus.com. While she has worked with Her Campus Exeter it has achieved Pink Chapter Level status and has grown to its current status as one of the most successful chapters internationally. She's determined to grow Her Campus in the UK this year and so is looking foward to working on increasing the number of HC UK chapters and to helping the established chapters improve and develop. This summer she was lucky enough to intern in the Her Campus Head Office in Boston, and had the most amazing time -- any time she can go back, she will! In her spare time Lauren loves to play tennis, catch up with her friends, go for long walks in the Scottish countryside or to watch chick-flicks under her duvet. You can follow her on Twitter and Instagram @laurenhudson25.