HCX Campus Cutie: James Lander

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Drum roll please… Introducing HCX’s newsest man of the moment. This week we were lucky enough to catch up with fourth year engineer, James Lander. With a love of rugby, TP and… taramasalata, James is not one to miss!

Name: James Lander

Degree: Mechanical Engineering

Year: 4

Relationship Status: Taken

Hi James, thanks for chatting to HCX, first things first, tell us a bit about yourself:

I’d say I’m quite a relaxed person who enjoys sports, although if other people described me they’d probably say I was a closet nerd… I once tried explaining romance to a girl using a graph!

Do you have any hobbies?

Wingmaning my mate Tommy Chinn, he needs all the help he can get. (The brunette in the photo for those interested!).

Who’s your celebrity crush?

Jennifer Lawrence.

What’s your guilty pleasure?

This may sound weird, but it’s taramasalata, I can happily eat a whole pot in one sitting.

Fave place in Exeter?

Top top.

Where would we find you on the weekend?

In bed. Weekends are for sleeping.

What’s your favourite food?

Sushi… Planning on entering a sushi eating contest.

What’s your most embarrassing moment?

In Second Year, my housemates pushed me out of my house whilst I had nothing but a tea towel to cover up… This was on a Saturday so needless to say the majority of Exeter saw me in the buff.

Quick Fire Questions:

Blonde or brunette? Blonde

Kebab or cheesy chips? Kebab

TP or Arena? Has to be TP

London or Exeter? Exeter..obvs

Custard or Cream? Custard cream

HCX Travel Editor 2015-16 Georgina is a final year Modern Languages student at the University of Exeter. Currently studying French, Spanish and Portuguese, Georgina loves to travel and has worked in Spain, France and Portugal, as well as having just travelled around South America. Full of stories, hints and tips for the keen student traveller, Georgina can't wait to get involved with HCX and help to inspire wanderlust in all of the readers.