Fitness Freak: Body Blast

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

So… you’ve got Body Pump to gain some serious muscle but pay the price in a lot of pain, and Body Combat to get out all of your anger. Then there is Body Blast that is perfect for us girls that love to dance around a bit and call it exercise!

Having tried a few of the classes at the Sports Park, I would rate Body Blast as one of the best. It is a combination of steps in time with music to really get your heart going, using hand weights to tone up the problem areas, (did somebody say bingo wings?)

If you’re having a bad day or turn up feeling unmotivated, the fitness instructor will snap you right out of it. She knows how to get the class going and never fails to crack a joke or two about anything from G-strings to thrusting technique. I always turn up to the class on my own but feel right at home with her leading the class.

It’s not all fun and games though, after all you are there to work out and the instructor definitely gives you your moneys worth. It’s all go from start to finish, and if you ever have the pleasure of doing a set of exercises called “sit down, stand up”, you will know what the meaning of muscle endurance is!

The best thing about the class is without doubt doing the exercise steps in time with the music – sometimes I add an extra wiggle because I carried away, shhh! So if you’re looking for a highly energetic class, with a combination of cardio and hand weights, then this is class for you.

I am a third year Sport and Exercise Science student at Exeter Uni. I have strong interests in nutrition and health. I keep fit by going to fitness classes and playing football and believe that exercise makes us feel great! I also run a healthy food blog via Instagram (@foodie_bee) and on the web (www.foodie--bee.blogspot.co.uk). Here I post articles to do with healthy eating on a student budget and current trends in the healthy food industry. In the future I hope to have a job involved with nutrition and helping people to live a healthy lifestyle.